Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

But the $12M salary is irrelevant. His potential salary is $0 with no guaranteed money remaining. There is no reason to base anything off $12M. It's easier to simply start from scratch.

Pretend his contract is up after this year. That is the reality that everyone is facing.

Just start fresh and offer him 3/$15M with $10M guaranteed.

Sure we both end up in about the same place, but the way we get there is different. Forget what the current contract says and reset by his actual value.

And he would take a paycut why exactly?  Why would he take 15 mil when he already has a contract in place for 36 mil? That doesnt make sense.  If you say he could get cut if he dont then who cares?  He could just sign to the highest bidder which I guarantee some team will pay more than that cheap offer.  He would get at least double that on the open market if not more.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Christian McCaffrey was a bed-wetter into 4th grade. 

(Is that the kind of rumor we are looking for?) 

See? Now all of a sudden he is worth 3 first round picks to me! That’s how that works…..

I was going to say something but then my brain worked and I realized how wildly inappropriate it would be...baby steps I guess:cry:

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

Your picture is not big enough.

I want to win 4 Super Bowls, not one.

Exactly why we need McCaffrey for the next 4 years

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Hard to say what other teams might be willing to give up for CMC. The rumors of multiple first rounders are pretty absurd. I don't see any team giving up that for a CMC with his injury risk and a devalued RB position. So I think it's plausible that 2nd round picks are in play. 

How good would CMC be in San Francisco's run scheme? 

I agree.  I don't see SF making the trade though since they don't have a 1st rounder this year and would likely not want to give up their second rounder as well.   I could see the Rams sniffing at him...since they don't covet draft picks anyway.    They don't have a 1st this year, but they do have a 2nd.   I also think they want OBJ back and would up their offer significantly to acquire him.  Having CMC and OBJ would help their offense tremendously.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

But we don't just want him for this season.  Getting 2-3 years out of an elite player at a reasonable cost is what makes the whole thing so enticing.  He would not be a rental, he would be an addition.  

The Diggs trade made us good, the Von addition made us an SB favorite.  A CMC trade would start the dynasty.

No one said it would be a one year thing. I gave no issue with giving up a first if we can get 4 or 5 years out of him. Why does everyone take things so literally? I mention one season and people automatically think that's the only season I'm talking about 

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

This. and Beane agrees with you.

His own words " I agree with Simon"

Where did I say any differently? We are loaded. You think giving up a first round pick 1 year is gonna prevent us from winning multiple super Bowls? I love when people take pride in making assumptions

22 minutes ago, Simon said:

Your picture is not big enough.

I want to win 4 Super Bowls, not one.

This is it. We have a 10 year window with Josh Allen. 

The Rams have no window beyond the next few years. They leveraged their future for 1 year

If we get 10 years with Josh and make the playoffs 8 of those years it'll be good. If we get to the Super Bowl a few times, even better. But, if we get there and win 1 or 2 then we should be happy.

It takes a lot to win in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Trading for CMC guarantees nothing.  

and maybe that's his point.

Mine is that trading for CMC does not put us over the top by any means.
Odell Beckham and McCaffrey are luxury items the Rams might go for.

Not the best way to build long term imho.
and it's reactionary thinking of fans.
 Draft the next RB or two.
Improve the O line significantly on the right side and an aging center and LG to protect Josh for next decade with Dion
 Draft draft draft, We see nowadays , that we can finally develop quality and high performing players from nearly any round. That is how you win long term !

Combining Coaching with talented kids who are willing to work.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Where did I say any differently? We are loaded. You think giving up a first round pick 1 year is gonna prevent us from winning multiple super Bowls? I love when people take pride in making assumptions

I was not responding to you. I was responding to Simon. I made no assumption of you whatsoever

so back at ya

9 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

This is it. We have a 10 year window with Josh Allen. 

The Rams have no window beyond the next few years. They leveraged their future for 1 year

If we get 10 years with Josh and make the playoffs 8 of those years it'll be good. If we get to the Super Bowl a few times, even better. But, if we get there and win 1 or 2 then we should be happy.

It takes a lot to win in the NFL. 

I must be aging gracefully. because after these years on here , I am agreeing with you.

Maybe its you though ?  lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

and maybe that's his point.

Odell Beckham and McCaffrey are luxury items the Rams might go for.

Not the best way to build long term imho.
and it's reactionary thinking of fans.
 Draft the next RB or two.
Improve the O line significantly on the right side and an aging center and LG to protect Josh for next decade with Dion
 Draft draft draft, We see nowadays , that we can finally develop quality and high performing players from nearly any round. That is how you win long term !

Combining Coaching with talented kids who are willing to work.

I was not responding to you. I was responding to Simon. I made no assumption of you whatsoever

so back at ya

I must be aging gracefully. because after these years on here , I am agreeing with you.

Maybe its you though ?  lol

It's you. I've always been delightful and adorable 

Edited by Boyst62

21 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Lol. Where did I say that wouldn't happen? You think not having a 1st round pick one year on a loaded team is gonna prevent that? Lol

If you start pissing away high draft picks on low value players that are no better than what we already have, then yes, the Bills will have a very difficult time maintaining longer term success.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

One thing I'll say is that IF the Bills decide to bring in CMC opposing defenses would have zero FN idea if we were running or passing.

Can you imagine Diggs, Davis, Shikir, Knox and McCaffery on the field? They can be your 5 wides or you could put CMC in the backfield and have Knox block.

Can you imagine getting a team in base personnel and then using these guys five-wide in hurry-up?

Or getting them in dime and lining up and running it over and over?

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I think McCaffrey creates a minimum 7 point difference against the Chiefs. Singletary should have scored on his run from the 10 yard line but doesn't have enough burst. Nothing against him, he's played well this year, but his limits are pretty obvious. And that drive ended with 0 points. There was another drive that stalled because Singletary didn't hit the hole that was open for a 1st down. Playing against the 2nd best team in the NFL those plays could make all the difference in the world.

I get the people who say McCaffrey is too costly or not worth trading future picks for. I do not understand the people that say he doesn't improve our team. That is pretty much objectively not true.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think McCaffrey creates a minimum 7 point difference against the Chiefs. Singletary should have scored on his run from the 10 yard line but doesn't have enough burst. Nothing against him, he's played well this year, but his limits are pretty obvious. And that drive ended with 0 points. There was another drive that stalled because Singletary didn't hit the hole that was open for a 1st down. Playing against the 2nd best team in the NFL those plays could make all the difference in the world.

I get the people who say McCaffrey is too costly or not worth trading future picks for. I do not understand the people that say he doesn't improve our team. That is pretty much objectively not true.

Motor also made a bunch of plays that McCaffrey is just not going to make.

Making people miss at the LOS and at the second level is something Singletary does much better than McCaffrey, he also finishes his runs with a lot more power which results in extra yards.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

in theory ? Yes
Availability comes into play
We drafted Cook and can draft again next season.
But yes , the "potential" is a pretty awesome lure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.