Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

So much speculation and assumptions. Please don't.

On your previous post regarding McCaffery, you also speculated that he'll take a pay cut to be on this team. Fat chance.

I didn’t speculate he will do anything. I said trading for him will depend on his willingness to restructure or possibly take a pay cut. 

Running back contracts have fallen some. I can definitely see him taking a pay cut, if not he’ll see himself as a UFA after the season and be forced into a pay cut. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I didn’t speculate he will do anything. I said trading for him will depend on his willingness to restructure or possibly take a pay cut. 

Running back contracts have fallen some. I can definitely see him taking a pay cut, if not he’ll see himself as a UFA after the season and be forced into a pay cut. 

Under your posts, you're stating conditions to get CMC. It's not simple to get him and I wouldn't go after him when obstacles are in place.

I'd love to have him. Just under the right price tag. In other words, a cheap deal.

From what I'm reading regarding rumors from Carolina Panthers, they want 1st round pick in return. Who else knows what they want. They view CMC highly and rightfully so.

Also, CMC is in the prime of his career and you're wishing that he takes a pay cut? He's looking for one more big pay day. You go tell CMC, "hey take a pay cut to be here, dude" while other teams will not tell him that. Let's see how that works out.

Yeah, the chances of him taking a pay cut are extremely low.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

First round pick is too pricey for a middle-aged, injury-prone RB no matter his current ability level. Bills have depth issues now and plenty more holes this off-season given their pending UFAs. Can only mortgage the draft (and cheap rookie contracts) in the absolute ideal scenario which is not McCaffrey.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Under your posts, you're stating conditions to get CMC. It's not simple to get him and I wouldn't go after him when obstacles are in place.

I'd love to have him. Just under the right price tag. In other words, a cheap deal.

From what I'm reading regarding rumors from Carolina Panthers, they want 1st round pick in return. Who else knows what they want. They view CMC highly and rightfully so.

Also, CMC is in the prime of his career and you're wishing that he takes a pay cut? He's looking for one more big pay day. You go tell CMC, "hey take a pay cut to be here, dude" while other teams will not tell him that. Let's see how that works out.

Yeah, the chances of him taking a pay cut are extremely low.

I’m not worrying about draft picks too much.

There’s many layers to a CMC trade. I mean there’s the rental and then there’s the long-term future. He could be a rental or long-term. I think for him to be long-term he’ll have to adjust his contract. Pay cut doesn’t have to mean half his salary. It could be a small amount. 

And I said restructure or pay cut. Pay cut will happen over the next 2-3 years either way. Take it now with Buffalo, maybe even get some extra guaranteed money and upfront money now. There are ways to make it happen. 

Let me add that I’m trading for CMC even if he’s a rental. Carolina can ask for 2 1sts but they won’t get it. I’m not worried about losing 1 late 1st. I would rather trade 1 late 1st then trade multiple middle round picks.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

But yes.........thanks for pointing out some excellent takes by me......appreciate it. :beer:

No problem, it's always fun to rehash your genius!

I particularly liked your prediction this offseason that we were going to take the ball out of Josh's hands and become a more run heavy offense because we signed a depth tackle from the Titans!  Can't make this stuff up...

At least you'll always have your Robert Royal takes and that one thread you made about Aaron Donald being good.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

No problem, it's always fun to rehash your genius!

I particularly liked your prediction this offseason that we were going to take the ball out of Josh's hands and become a more run heavy offense because we signed a depth tackle from the Titans!  Can't make this stuff up...

At least you'll always have your Robert Royal takes and that one thread you made about Aaron Donald being good.

You see.........that's why you are always wrong.   Expanding and exaggerating my takes.

I've never said the Bills were going to become a run-heavy team.   That's absurd.  You imagine things when you read.

I said they signed two poor pass blocking/good run blocking OL in Saffold and Quessenberry.    That's a fact........Quessenberry in particular lead the NFL in sacks allowed by an OT last season.

I envisioned more of an offense like they ran against the Chiefs Sunday........with Allen under center more often and using traditional play action.   Because that makes more sense than having bad pass blockers in a two point stance with the QB in shotgun all day and every running play effectively being a delayed handoff or draw.

There has been a mixture of A LOT of different offense........an unsung story of this season is that they are evolving to a point as an offense where they can really be broadly game plan specific for opponents.   Some people worried about Dorsey being a drop-off.......I did not.........and instead they've gotten more advanced.

But the traditional play action opens up more downfield passing for more yards per play and less wear and tear on a good but thin receiving corps............and the running game actually functions when the lineman are put in position to succeed.   That is what their personnel is best suited to do well and we saw that against the best opponent they've faced this season.

It's quite comical how you and a few others try to re-frame my takes.  The trolling doesn't work on me. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Which would you rather see happen?

Bills trade 1st for CMC

or

Chiefs trade 1st for CMC

This is an excellent question to discuss. Going into the KC game I wondered if the loser would make a move for CMC or another player. Let’s face it - the AFC (maybe NFL) is a two horse race. CMC would be more in line with help for the Bills while a WR would be more in line with the Chefs tho. Still, CMC would help them too. 

If I had to pick one of those two choices I’d have to say Bills. We’d be deeper at RB and would have widened our talent gap with the Chefs. Our chances of getting the #1 seed, beating them in the playoffs and winning the SB this season would be improved. I don’t know that I make that move at that price, but that wasn’t a choice in the hypothetical.

64 pages, Any renderings yet? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You see.........that's why you are always wrong.   Expanding and exaggerating my takes.

I've never said the Bills were going to become a run-heavy team.   That's absurd.  You imagine things when you read.

I said they signed two poor pass blocking/good run blocking OL in Saffold and Quessenberry.    That's a fact........Quessenberry in particular lead the NFL in sacks allowed by an OT last season.

I envisioned more of an offense like they ran against the Chiefs Sunday........with Allen under center more often and using traditional play action.   Because that makes more sense than having bad pass blockers in a two point stance with the QB in shotgun all day and every running play effectively being a delayed handoff or draw.

There has been a mixture of A LOT of different offense........an unsung story of this season is that they are evolving to a point as an offense where they can really be broadly game plan specific for opponents.   Some people worried about Dorsey being a drop-off.......I did not.........and instead they've gotten more advanced.

But the traditional play action opens up more downfield passing for more yards per play and less wear and tear on a good but thin receiving corps............and the running game actually functions when the lineman are put in position to succeed.   That is what their personnel is best suited to do well and we saw that against the best opponent they've faced this season.

It's quite comical how you and a few others try to re-frame my takes.  The trolling doesn't work on me. :lol:

You do sort of ask for it, but this is very sound analysis.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’re talking a 30th-32nd pick. Let’s be realistic. You never have that many 1st round prospect grades in any given year. So we’re basically talking about a 2nd round graded player at our 1st round pick in 2023

This is how I felt about the selection of Breece Hall with the pick in last year's draft

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We do have Duke Johnson sitting on the practice squad at this immediate time I’m not for bringing him up because I want to see the bills do a two back system and we need to see what we have in James Cook

I get that but would not want to depend on Cook in the playoffs...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I love still in progress tweets.

"Nothing has happened yet.....and nothing continues to be happening......we will keep you informed of all the nothing that is not happening until something happens..........back to you." 🙂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.