Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

No one said getting CMC is a guarantee, either 

The logic is the same. Nothing is guaranteed. You have to take a chance sometimes. Clearly you don’t think mccaffrey increases our chances much to win a super bowl this year, while others disagree.

Running behind this line?  No, I don't. And I'm not willing to give up a first-round pick to see if I'm wrong either.

43 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Did you just compare CMC to Bruce Smith? 🤣

Someone's definitely on something, but it ain't those of who think the asking price is too high if they already turned down our offer.

I believe you're the one I went back and forth with on the Bills trading for Barkley but I could be wrong so here's the deal. 

McCaffrey when healthy is a top 3 RB in this league. Some can argue, he is still the best. Unlike Barkley, we can acquire him this season and only be on the hook for just $600,000 of his salary for this year and the remaining of his contract only has $1 million left that's guaranteed. Anything less than 1st rounder and I am on board with this all day everyday and twice on Sunday. These people on this board that are quick to shoot this down are on some good sh*t. A late 2nd for a 26 year old proven Christian McCaffrey with 4 or 5 solid years left as long as he's healthy is a no brainer. What can we possibly do with a pick in the 60's next year that would be guaranteed to be better? I would love for anyone to answer that

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I watched a regretful Beane talk about not willing to give up a high pick for Von Miller last year because he thought he’d be a rental. 

I don’t think Beane is going to worry about the future too much this year. He knows this is their last shot with this group of players. CMC is one of his guys. 

The McCaffrey evaluations, however, are glowing.

"He's a great football player. Has Luke Kuechly's DNA. Just an overall great fit," Beane says.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t see any way a player is involved unless it was Epenesa or Basham. It wouldn’t make any sense for Carolina to acquire a running back in return. Cost controlled edge rusher with potential to pair with Burns and a mid round pick is probably the best Buffalo could offer imo. They have Hubbard and Foreman to ride out this season and everyone’s favorite Blackshear. 

• Agree 1

WE HAVE YOUTH AND DEPTH EVERYWHERE!  Especially the Secondary 

Hell yes the 2023 1st round pick should be on the table. 

Just a matter of what piece you need

There isn't going to be a better option available for that 1st that addresses our needs then CMC. 

Hell yes you make that trade and call it a day.  We won't be picking until around pick 63 at the draft instead of 31.  Oh the horror.   

Get this done during the bye.  Debut Sunday night football Oct 30th along with Tre.  Going to be electric.  

And I expect to be 5-1 that night in process of going scorched earth straight to the SB

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

He can’t do what Edmunds does for this defense. Not even close. 

Smith can do what Edmunds does and does it better.

I'm assuming you don't know much about him based on that comment.

Smith leads the league in tackles and is arguably the most complete MLB in football.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I believe you're the one I went back and forth with on the Bills trading for Barkley but I could be wrong so here's the deal. 

McCaffrey when healthy is a top 3 RB in this league. Some can argue, he is still the best. Unlike Barkley, we can acquire him this season and only be on the hook for just $600,000 of his salary for this year and the remaining of his contract only has $1 million left that's guaranteed. Anything less than 1st rounder and I am on board with this all day everyday and twice on Sunday. These people on this board that are quick to shoot this down are on some good sh*t. A late 2nd for a 26 year old proven Christian McCaffrey with 4 or 5 solid years left as long as he's healthy is a no brainer. What can we possibly do with a pick in the 60's next year that would be guaranteed to be better? I would love for anyone to answer that

I agree 💯- and could you imagine him on this offense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 97bills said:

I agree 💯- and could you imagine him on this offense. 

Yeah, I can.  I can see him being tackled for little to no gain just like our other backs who are running behind the worst run blocking win  % line in the league.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.