Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This guy is a Panthers podcaster that apparently reported early in the season that there was tension between Panthers players and their DC Phil Snow, and that report turned out to be correct. Take it with a grain of salt.

Do it Beane!!!!!!!

I had mentioned a 3rd and Singletary for CMC upthread.  Along with a reworked contract that keeps CMC for at least this year and next at reasonable salary - kind of like the E Sanders money of $6M per.

Do it!!!!!

5 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

CMC would already be on a plane if that is what Carolina is asking from Buffalo.

I think the Bills wouldn't want to disrupt team chemistry or create a distraction heading into the biggest game of the week. Singletary is a popular player on the team. The bye week is a perfect time to execute the trade, let the shock wear off, and start getting McCaffrey incorporated into the offense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

They may want to figure out a way to keep Singletary. He doesn't really have much value to them being on an expiring contract, he does have value to us to rotate in and as injury insurance.

Throw in Moss too.

Plenty of FA runningbacks out there. What's Christian Wade up to these days?

Just now, HappyDays said:

I think the Bills wouldn't want to disrupt team chemistry or create a distraction heading into the biggest game of the week. Singletary is a popular player on the team. The bye week is a perfect time to execute the trade, let the shock wear off, and start getting McCaffrey incorporated into the offense.

I disagree. The biggest problem is reworking his contract, which is something I'm sure the Bills would want agreed to BEFORE the trade.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is a Spanish broadcaster for Fox sports. Translated:

"RB Christian McCaffrey said he wasn't comfortable in Carolina. The Bills, Tampa, Seattle, have called asking about a trade for the #NFL player"

It would be pretty weird if 3 separate verified football reporters had heard something that wasn't true. There is a lot of smoke here.

or 1 guy said something and everyone else is just copying it.

there was 1 tweet and then a bit later 2 more tweets that were nearly identical- even mentioning the same teams in the same order went out.

Then some real insiders came out and said no one has talked at this time.

So are teams lying or did someone make some crap up based upon reading tea leafs and several others jump on the band wagon - that is where I am leaning - there is a lot of self created smoke at this point.

Little actual meat to eat.

Why would Carolina want Singletary on a half season rental in exchange for CMC? It makes no sense for them, and it's a big cost to us. If they just need a warm body to carry the rock, they can have moss who is cheap and under contract for another year. I'd even rather give them Cook than Singletary at this point just due to experience. Singletary provides a lot of benefit to us over the short term but none past this season.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, FireChans said:

I disagree. The biggest problem is reworking his contract, which is something I'm sure the Bills would want agreed to BEFORE the trade.

If it's going to cost a 2nd and player, then I agree, we need to already have contract in place since he cant be a 1 year rental at that price.

• Like (+1) 1

None of this makes sense to me.  Why are people so high on McCaffrey?   I haven't watched him play a whole lot but he appears to be somewhat injury prone and his stats the last three years are pretty much the same as Singletary.   Why would we trade a draft pick for a more injury prone player?   Just because he has one great season?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Nope it seems total stupid as none of them have really said anything.

The Bills would be stupid to include Singletary or Cook.  Can you imagine how this board would implode when CMC has his typical injury and we traded Singletary and are forced to us Moss as the RB for a majority of a game.

CMC with his injury history- the Bills better have insurance in place as a back up RB to handle the 4-6 games or more he tends to miss.

I would be fine with a trade, but we need something else back to protect ourselves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Lost said:

None of this makes sense to me.  Why are people so high on McCaffrey?   I haven't watched him play a whole lot but he appears to be somewhat injury prone and his stats the last three years are pretty much the same as Singletary.   Why would we trade a draft pick for a more injury prone player?   Just because he has one great season?  

He’ll make our team better as long as he stays healthy. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why would Carolina want Singletary on a half season rental in exchange for CMC? It makes no sense for them, and it's a big cost to us. If they just need a warm body to carry the rock, they can have moss who is cheap and under contract for another year. I'd even rather give them Cook than Singletary at this point just due to experience. Singletary provides a lot of benefit to us over the short term but none past this season.

Carolina would want an RB for this year. 

The Bills locker room would unfortunately probably have to have Singletary gone.  New #1 RB in town and no room for potential disgruntled RBs.  Plus Cook has shown like he is going to be CMC Jr and will take over the spot in a couple of years.

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

He’ll make our team better as long as he stays healthy. 

How though?  Last 3 seasons his yards per carry and yards per reception are in line with what Singletary is doing and Carolina has a far better OL.

Edited by Lost
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Moss+2nd and I’m fully on board. 

All Aboard Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

I'm trying to figure out whether I'd be happy to send Carolina our 2023 1st and Moss for McCaffrey, upgrading the draft pick due to sending them a weaker player. I'd possibly be ok with that.

6 minutes ago, Lost said:

How though?  Last 3 seasons his yards per carry and yards per reception are in line with what Singletary is doing and Carolina has a far better OL.

He’s the only offensive player teams have to game plan for when playing Carolina. Singletary and all our other RBs are the last players teams gameplan for. Big difference 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Lost said:

There is a funny thing about averages. There are lots of ways to get to the same outcome. Singletary tends to do something like this (0, 2, 3, 0, 20) to arrive at a 5 ypc average when it might be more helpful to have (3, 7, 3, 8, 4) to arrive at the same ypc. Not to mention that McCaffery would be a significantly better receiver for a Bills team that likes to throw.

Also,CMC is the defense's first and second key on Carolina's dog water offense. In Buffalo he's not.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

They may want to figure out a way to keep Singletary. He doesn't really have much value to them being on an expiring contract, he does have value to us to rotate in and as injury insurance.

Yeah I'm not parting with Singletary.   I'd like to let cmc acclimate to a new awesome offense slowly.   I mean, he's been playing with Baker.  Balls are gonna be thrown his way 80009 mph faster.   I did the math.

30 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

there was 1 tweet and then a bit later 2 more tweets that were nearly identical- even mentioning the same teams in the same order went out.

Then some real insiders came out and said no one has talked at this time.

My take on it is that someone or multiple people with the Panthers are leaking the info, while people with the Bills are trying to shut down all the talk.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My take on it is that someone or multiple people with the Panthers are leaking the info, while people with the Bills are trying to shut down all the talk.

My take is they are hearing the same rumors from over the summer and giving them new fire with the coach leaving.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.