Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

With the depth we have everywhere - our first round picks in 23 AND 24 should be on the table.

For the right player (I'm thinking like an Aaron Donald type trench game changer of game changers like plan the parade) 

Now in no way do I think that's realistic.  I want to make serious proposals that would bring back serious return like Aaron Donald.  I'm not saying I'd do that but I think Beane should definitely at least check in on that sinking ship who's coach is about to step down and head to the TV booth and see if maybe an Aaron Donald like player is available.  

Edited by Big Blitz

2 hours ago, without a drought said:

The most dangerous dumpoff man in the NFL? Not according to his yards per reception or the fact that his longest career reception is 37 yards back when he was a rookie.

Teams game plan around him.  The Panthers offense is absolute garbage after him.  Put him on a team with weapons and his stats will be great.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Legit Ogs? Never heard of him, what position does he play?

Ooo so cute. Legit Offensive Guards. Is that really that hard to figure out? 

12 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

So that Panthers reached out to us then

Panthers said NOPE. 

14 hours ago, FireChans said:

Because we are not loaded at RB lmao

We could have McCaffrey, Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley and none of them would average more than 3yrds/carry with our run blocking.  

This is such a stupid trade if they were to make it.   Give me an offensive guard that can create running lanes and get some push downfield.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Lost said:

We could have McCaffrey, Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley and none of them would average more than 3yrds/carry with our run blocking.  

This is such a stupid trade if they were to make it.   Give me an offensive guard that can create running lanes and get some push downfield.

Panthers and Giants have crappy OLs, some would say worse than ours, and CMC and Barkley are still putting up numbers.

Yes our OL can be improved, but so can our RBs who have poor instincts, poor vision, and do not find/hit the holes that are there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Lost said:

Singletary is averaging 4.3 ypc right now...

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Singletary is averaging 4.3 ypc right now...

So our running game is okay then?  

I see it almost entirely as a blocking/playcalling problem.  Almost all of our no gain runs from Moss/Singletary are because there is literally a defender with hands on them within 200ms of them getting the ball.   They aren't even getting opportunity to create something on a lot of those plays.  

Also from an health perspective.  RB is the least injury prone position on our team while OL has been banged up.   Guard would just be a better trade investment IMO.

15 minutes ago, Lost said:

Yeah, because there are so many teams just selling off quality offensive linemen.  

O-Line play is correlated with RB play, but the top guys like CMC outperform their respective lines despite having subpar QB play. 

He's so much more talented than what we have in the backfield.

2 minutes ago, Lost said:

So our running game is okay then?  

I see it almost entirely as a blocking/playcalling problem.  Almost all of our no gain runs from Moss/Singletary are because there is literally a defender with hands on them within 200ms of them getting the ball.   They aren't even getting opportunity to create something on a lot of those plays.  

Also from an health perspective.  RB is the least injury prone position on our team while OL has been banged up.   Guard would just be a better trade investment IMO.

No our running game isn’t great.  But why would Barkley, Henry and CMC average 3 ypc behind our line when Singletary averages more?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.