Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

Honestly what would be the point of this move anyway considering how loaded this team already is at the skill positions? If you want this offense to truly get better make a move for another veteran guard or TE.

Conversely I'm still wary of the defensive backfield, so why not go after a proven veteran safety to replace Hyde or DB?

• Agree 2

DO IT!

The cap is a joke and can be manipulated. 

We need a Lombardi trophy, not a 1st round pick right now.

McCaffrey is young enough, and he wouldn't have to worry about being a bellcow here, and could make the most of his touches. And he could even be on a pitch count until the playoffs.

This is the type of move that can jettison a team to the next level.

Get Odell too, let's gooo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Honestly what would be the point of this move anyway considering how loaded this team already is at the skill positions? If you want this offense to truly get better make a move for another veteran guard or TE.

Conversely I'm still wary of the defensive backfield, so why not go after a proven veteran safety to replace Hyde or DB?

We aren't loaded at all at RB. Our QB is our leading backfield threat.

34 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Because we are not loaded at RB lmao

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Because we are not loaded at RB lmao

not even a little.

and I’d add that if diggs goes down i feel a lot less confident about having a guy that could share the load of carrying the offense with Josh. It’s not an insignificant consideration. 

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

True, good point, but we're talking an "aging" RB here. This line of discussion piqued my interest...

Leonard Fournette, after helping carry TB to a SB, got 3/$21M.

Melvin Gordon got 1/$2.5

Most big RB contracts are the deals immediately following their rookie deal, and then fall off a cliff for their 3rd contract.

With no guaranteed money remaining, Beane could bring him in this year for $600k, then say "How about 2/$15M with $10M guaranteed?"

If he doesnt take it, cut him and let him try the market next year. But he might sign it to get that guaranteed money as an aging RB who has been dinged up.

The contract is meaningless at this point.

Contracts dont expire on trade.  If he was cut thats a different story.  His contract will still exist when traded.  His remaining cap hits are 20, 20, and 15.  The Bills would be on the hook for that.  No thanks.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.