Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

Will probably take a 2nd, or a 2 or 3rd and Singletary to get him.

No one wants Moss in a trade. Keep in mind Singletary is a UFA next year.

Trading a 2nd or 3rd and Singletary for CMC would actually lead to a CAP SAVINGS of $1 million dollars.

In a trade the new team is responsible only for the base salary and perhaps some optional bonuses (roster bonus etc)

Signing bonuses have to be paid by the team that signed the contract.

I looked this up last week as the trade deadline approached, and the latest contract changed things.

Carolina will have to eat $25 million in future signing bonuses by trading CMC.

Buffalo has no such trouble with Motor, since Motor is in the last year of his contract.

They will be looking for compensation in the form of draft capital, and someone better than Zach Moss.

What are Motor's base salary vs CMC's base salary you ask?

Motor 2022 base salary - $2,540,000

CMC 2022 base salary - $1,035,000

This base salary is pro-rated and paid by game.

Motor makes $149k million a game

CMC makes $61k a game

12 games left

Motor is due $1.79 million (12*149k) in remaining game checks this season

CMC is due $730k (12*61k) in remaining game checks this season

I think the $600k number is for 11 games once all the paperwork is done.

Per OTC CMC has no other escalator clauses or guaranteed money in his contract.

Subtract $730k from 1.79 and the Bills would save $1 Million on this year's cap by adding Singletary to a trade for CMC.

So would you trade a 2nd or 2 thirds and Motor for CMC and $1M to spend on an OL/S or roll over to next year?

I would.

CMC is due $11M next year in base salary. Clearly that would have to be reworked, or Buffalo could cut, or trade him.

No penalty in a trade since Carolina is on the hook for all of the bonuses.

No brainer to me.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Ghs24mike said:

Of course they said that. Beane does not leak! 

If CMC gets moved it will be to the Bills 

So the Bills do not leak. Yet 16 pages on a leak. 

mind you the same internet rumor that has been going on for over a year. 

8 minutes ago, WMDman said:

well of course their gonna say that

Yeah because you know the “source” is probably the same “source” that pitched this crap a year ago too right? 

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

He was arguably the best college football player I’ve ever watched in his hey day with Stanford. But with that said I’m not sure that the problem with our running game is due to the quality of our running backs. The O Line still doesn’t seem to have learned how to open holes on a consistent basis…and even CMC isn’t going to be able to fix that.

Don't disagree - but the fact the featured RB for the last 3 years has been essentially Motor along with Moss - behind several different oline combinations and we're still talking about the run game.....I love Motor but he's not very good to elite at anything.  He doesn't change games or worry defenses. 

Currently most every time we hand it off its a win for the D.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Football is not baseball.  Adding a running back to our team is not going to improve our offense at all.  We score at will when we execute. 

Ah yeah I should’ve known better than thinking someone who thinks the best roster in football can’t get better would understand the parallel. Flags fly forever no matter the sport, just like dumbass posts last forever. 

1 minute ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Ah yeah I should’ve known better than thinking someone who thinks the best roster in football can’t get better would understand the parallel. Flags fly forever no matter the sport, just like dumbass posts last forever. 

Yeah, you are not too sharp, so let me explain it to you.  We don't need to pay some star RB who can't stay healthy to move our offense from a 99 offense to a 100 offense.  That is all that he would do for our team and the cost would be enormous. He would barely move the needle.  

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Yea seriously…also CMC is just so much better at the things we have been asking our rbs to do…a rb doesn’t just have to stuff a run between the tackles to be effective

he can still considerably help the team even though our run blocking hasn’t been good 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, Unsavory Peterman said:

dont write off Barkley.  New FO knows they need a better QB and some draft capital. 

NY is a different animal than Buffalo. If they traded Barkley after a 4-1 start Schoen would be pilloried immediately.  That's a trade you make before the season, before anyone has hope.  Right now they can see they playoffs and if you take that away all the goodwill is gone.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So the Bills do not leak. Yet 16 pages on a leak. 

mind you the same internet rumor that has been going on for over a year. 

Yeah because you know the “source” is probably the same “source” that pitched this crap a year ago too right? 

Just like the crap about us in on Von Miller before he chose LA.

Or the crap about us in on Diggs a year before we finally landed him.

Or the crap about us pursuing Sanders before he picked the Saints.

Or the crap about us being in on Watt before he held up a Carindals cap and a Bills cap and chose Phoenix.

Can you point to any big internet rumors that were actually false? Because so far, they all ended up true. And most ended up happening.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Yeah, you are not too sharp, so let me explain it to you.  We don't need to pay some star RB who can't stay healthy to move our offense from a 99 offense to a 100 offense.  That is all that he would do for our team and the cost would be enormous. He would barely move the needle.  

I think you are highly overestimating the cost of acquisition.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Or the crap about us being in on Watt before he held up a Carindals cap and a Bills cap and chose Phoenix.

Can you point to any big internet rumors that were actually false? Because so far, they all ended up true. And most ended up happening.

Sure every one of them. As they went elsewhere didn’t they. 

barkely rumors

ertz rumors

engram

but hey when BOTH TEAMS CALL BS you might want to listen. But your choice. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Think bigger, trade for Tyreek.

Not a RB 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Looking back on this, we are so lucky he took the money over the potential ring- we wouldn’t have pursued Von this off-season and I’d take him 1000000/1 over Watt. Not that he’s bad, but nobody in that family can stay healthy

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.