Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

57 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Just heard this on Charlotte radio also.

There is NO WAY we can take on that contract. Does he agree to redo the contract??? Doubt it.

You put him in this O and we are unstoppable but I don’t see it happening and hope I’m wrong.

It can be done.   Just depends on if Pegula is willing to pay out of pocket for CMC to turn some of the contract remaining into bonus money instead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Adam Caplan stated we had strong interest in him in the offseason but he "wasn't available"

Ryan Talbot also confirmed this today.

Call me crazy if you want....I'd be willing to part with a 1st + 2024 4th + Moss to outbid other interested teams.

No one will care in April that we don't have a 1st if it's pick # 32......

Im not comfortable trading a #1 for an expensive RB with that injury history. 

1 minute ago, Joe Mama said:

James Cook straight up for him

No,you want running backs on their cheap rookie contracts

• Like (+1) 3

Keep in mind that Dan Morgan knows our players well...I think we will have to put in Singletary and Tyrel Dodson (both would have to agree to an extension) not Moss and toss in this coming year's 3rd or 4th. BTW, I would do this in a heartbeat.

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yes and no.

We'd only owe him that if we kept him. None of that $11-12M is guaranteed. So the first approach is as a 1 year rental for $600k.

If we wanted to keep him beyond that, we could make an offer at a restructure to give him some guaranteed money, but much less than $12M/yr.

Point being, Beane has room to work his magic. And no one does it better.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, but then $11.8-$12M next 3 seasons.

It’s not guaranteed and probably could be restructured.  

If he could be had for a third rounder and he helped this team win a SuperBowl, a one year rental to possibly help win it all for a third rounder would be worth it.

Just now, JoeF said:

Keep in mind that Dan Morgan knows our players well...I think we will have to put in Singletary and Tyrel Dodson (both would have to agree to an extension) not Moss and toss in this coming year's 3rd or 4th. BTW, I would do this in a heartbeat.

Dobson is not going anywhere in a trade. not with milano's history of injury being a factor as well as just not happening.

Just now, Magox said:

It’s not guaranteed and probably could be restructured.  

If he could be had for a third rounder and he helped this team win a SuperBowl, a one year rental to possibly help win it all for a third rounder would be worth it.

Love the idea, just worried about the after effects, ala 2022 Rams 

1 minute ago, JoeF said:

That said, Epenesa, Moss, Oliver, Singletary, and Siran Neal are players drafted by the Bills when Morgan was here.   Would you give up Oliver?

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.