Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

LOL someone vomit emoji'd me because I said no team would trade a 1st for CMC ever. Is it that you WANT really badly to part with our #1 pick when we could land the player likely for a 3rd round pick and a player???

Silliness.

😂🤮

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

They were showcasing James Cook yesterday for a trade (tongue somewhat in cheek).

It is probably a little far-fetched, mostly because trading Cook triggers $2.3 million in dead cap. 

But I'm wondering if they would trade Cook and a 4th for McCaffrey. It would be like trading a 2nd and a 4th for McCaffrey, a late 2nd for that matter (which is where Cook was picked). 

I would be okay with it. If Cook works out good for them, just like Justin Jefferson worked out for the Vikings. 

Edited by jwhit34

For a 3rd I'd be okay with it, anything more, no way. Even with a 3rd, how long does he last until he's injured again?

I don't think this happens (Beane often says he contacted teams about X player but it seems to just be an initial "what are you looking for' call) but if it did I'd be tempted to keep him in cotton wool until the playoffs

Edited by RobbRiddick

14 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

We have a good chance to get pick number 32 without McCaffrey. And the 32nd pick could be a nice interior lineman for the next 10 years.

First of all,  Carolina is probably already going to have the 32nd pick.   Them or the Lions.

Here is my offer........CMC and a 7th.......for a Bills 6th. :devil:

People thinking a rental running back will bring back anything close to a first round pick is just absurd.

Beane overdrafts RB's but he isn't that out of touch with the cost of doing business.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't understand why people are saying the 4-1 Giants are going to trade their best offensive weapon.

Are we going to take calls for Stefon Diggs because we are 4-1?

This is what I tried to say a couple of weeks ago. People seem to think all these teams are trying to trade their best players all the time. I see no indication that the Giants want to trade Barkley, or that they believe they can't succeed now and in the future.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

They were showcasing James Cook yesterday for a trade (tongue somewhat in cheek).

It is probably a little far-fetched, mostly because trading Cook triggers $2.3 million in dead cap. 

But I'm wondering if they would trade Cook and a 4th for McCaffrey. It would be like trading a 2nd and a 4th for McCaffrey, a late 2nd for that matter (which is where Cook was picked). 

I would be okay with it. If Cook works out good for them, just like Justin Jefferson worked out for the Vikings. 

I'd rather try for 2nd, 2024 4th and Moss 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

First of all,  Carolina is probably already going to have the 32nd pick.   Them or the Lions.

People thinking a rental running back will bring back anything close to a first round pick is just absurd.

Beane overdrafts RB's but he isn't that out of touch with the cost of doing business.

How do they get the 32nd pick? Do you mean the 1st pick?

Honestly, I think CMC would benefit from the rotation style we have here. Less wear and tear on the body and keep him ready for January, when the games truly matter. It would be the same type of effect as having a healthy OBJ. The question would be who is the defense going to focus on? Diggs, Davis, CMC, Knox, Shakir, McKenzie? It really would be pick your poison and there would be no way to shut it down completely. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

is someone losing a draft pick for 2022?

it'd be great if Miami did.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.