Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

I would like to get some clarification on his contract.  This is what Spotrac says:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/christian-mccaffrey-21749/

There are some on Twitter stating that we would only be taking on a $600K cap hit in 2022, and then could cut him with no dead cap in 2023.  Based on my understanding of contracts, I don't see where that is coming from.

His long-term cap hit is probably a bigger deal to the Bills, even more than giving up a high draft pick.  

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

So nobody wants Barkely, the better RB, but fawn over CMC?  Interesting.

For the record, I'd be delighted with either and do not believe the Giants would part with Barkley.

No one should be arguing against making this team better.

Yeah because Giants are so willing to trade Barkley?? I don't see what makes some think this

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Based on what I read from Greg Tompsett of Cover 1, which I linked above -- it would cost the Bills only $600,000 in 2022 money to bring McCaffrey in, and only $1m of his remaining salary is guaranteed -- I would be fully, completely, 100% on board with bringing him in.

You either have him for 1 year for a Super Bowl push, or you re-structure and keep the Bills offense unstoppable for years.

Remember, Devin Singletary is a free agent after this year. Moss is just a guy. 

McCaffrey is a game changer.

This.

Send Moss to Carolina. There is possibly some value there. Kills two birds 1 stone by sending him South and removing a JAG.

A 3rd this year and a 4th next year + Moss for CMC.  That's my offer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

For the record, I'd be delighted with either and do not believe the Giants would part with Barkley.

Looks like they might be able to get CMC cheap, Barkley probably isn't even available. He's a leader in their locker room at this point they're not trading him while they're 4-1.

• Agree 2

Just now, babulator said:

Is he still ?

I'm not against it if he can still produce at a high level. I trust in the Beane.

but...

I'd rather have Saquon :P There I said it lol.

Barkley looks totally rejuvenated this year.  

But with the NFC East well within their sights, the Giants aren't likely to trade him away.

I haven't watched two seconds of Panthers football this year, so I have no idea how McCaffrey looks.

He hasn't popped off the highlights (unlike Barkley), but maybe someone in Carolina can shed some light?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

I would like to get some clarification on his contract.  This is what Spotrac says:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/christian-mccaffrey-21749/

There are some on Twitter stating that we would only be taking on a $600K cap hit in 2022, and then could cut him with no dead cap in 2023.  Based on my understanding of contracts, I don't see where that is coming from.

His long-term cap hit is probably a bigger deal to the Bills, even more than giving up a high draft pick.  

Bills won't be on hook of his (prorated) signing bonus in terms of cap hit if they trade for him. The cap hit calculation is different after a player was traded.

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I would absolutely take Saquon over CMC. But Saquon isnt available and I believe his contract is more prohibitive.

• Agree 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't understand why people are saying the 4-1 Giants are going to trade their best offensive weapon.

Are we going to take calls for Stefon Diggs because we are 4-1?

Agree. The Giants aren't trading Barkley. At 4-1 they feel like they can make the playoffs. You don't get rid of your best offensive player when you have an opportunity to make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Do people really think solving the "Bills can't run" begins with the RB or the fact that the OLINE has no push?  Would taking on an injury prone RB solve anything with how this OLINE blocks?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.