Value of Edmunds - Very Undertated

marck

Recent med I was put on, advised that fried and fatty food make the side effects nastier…..and it does.

A world without french fried potaters is just cruel.

I know what it’s like to be under tated.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

I actually disagree with the original poster. The Steelers didn't throw over the middle a ton yesterday when the game mattered. They were throwing a ton of sideline routes early and deep fades down the sidelines. It wasn't until the Bills had the Steelers on the ropes that they went soft in the middle and the Steelers started catching the underneath middle of the field type routes because they just wanted to keep the clock running. 

• Like (+1) 2

I don't think he made a big difference in this game.  The Steelers saw that the 5-10 yard passes to the boundary near the sidelines was there for the taking because of how far off the DB's were playing off the receiver.  The strategy was to not give them explosive plays, and nothing up the middle and to their credit they recognized that vulnerability early on.  The Bills were for the most part ok giving up those plays until they got to the red zone at which point they clamped it down.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

I don't think he made a big difference in this game.  The Steelers saw that the 5-10 yard passes to the boundary near the sidelines was there for the taking because of how far off the DB's were playing off the receiver.  The strategy was to not give them explosive plays, and nothing up the middle and to their credit they recognized that vulnerability early on.  The Bills were for the most part ok giving up those plays until they got to the red zone at which point they clamped it down.

Looking at Kenny Pickett's stat line, 327 yards, ok kid!...

...3 points, hmm maybe not.

50 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

A pro-Edmunds thread?????  This gonna be good.Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Hader doing Morrison is better than Morrison doing Morrison! Bill Hader is an underappreciated comedic talent.

As for Edmunds, not sure. Buffalo did give up a lot of passing yards, but as stated a lot of it was 'empty calorie' yards.

The team gave up 3 points to a ghastly bad Pittsburgh offense. When you look at the talent on the Pittsburgh offensive side of the ball they should be able to score points. I think Matt Canada is a mess of an OC. Don't be surprised if he gets dumped mid season.

KC will expose some of the injuries in the back 7. Should be a barn burner.

53 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I like Edmunds more than most. But Pickett worked almost exclusively to the outside yesterday if my memory is correct, Edmunds wasn’t missed. 
Pass rush was/is/ and always will be the key to the defensive success. 
If they want to get the ball out quickly like Pickett did yesterday I’m confident in the secondaries ability to make the tackle and limit the YAC. 

It seemed like Elam got picked on a lot yesterday. I give the rookie credit for staying calm and collected and coming back with a really nice INT, but Elam is having growing pains.

2 hours ago, marck said:

Watching the game yesterday and taking note of Tremaine Edmunds and Jordan Poyer absence I have this thought.

The Steelers were able to be fairly successful throwing the ball yesterday and to be honest I felt the absence of Edmunds was a major cause of that success although the yards were “a lot of empty calories” completions.

Edmunds presence with his height and wingspan and quickness erect havoc on the opposing QB field of vision and stop many of those passes that were completed yesterday.

Obviously Poyer also being out impacted the overall success of the pass defense.

While I agree that Edmunds and Poyer are very good players and key pieces of the defense, yesterday was not the game that proves that.  They we not missed and resting them was the smart thing to do.  

Pittsburgh scored 3 points.  Zero points in the second half and they played against all backups for the last quarter.   It was hard to notice we were missing any starters, let alone 5 on defense.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Pittsburgh scored 3 points.  Zero points in the second half and they played against all backups for the last quarter.   It was hard to notice we were missing any starters, let alone 5 on defense.  

Mid third quarter my fiend blurted out 'put in the backups'. I had to remind him 1/3 of the players already were backups

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Even as a classic Edmunds detractor I don't necessarily agree. I think he'll go to another team and play very well. Hopefully he doesnt go to another decent AFC team. He will definitely be a point of conversation here for a long time into the future, and likely due to how well he does on his next team. But it's just a matter of $$$. We can't afford to pay him $18M-20M/year.

As an Edmunds supporter the last sentence rings 110% true, at least far more true than ability.  Simply put the Bills can not afford this salary with Davis and others coming up.  As much as I hate to see him go, I believe either Beane REALLY likes him to the detriment of the cap or he realizes like Poyer he just can't pay everyone.  The cap is the main decider for Edmunds.  Like just my opinion man. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.