Value of Edmunds - Very Undertated

marck

Watching the game yesterday and taking note of Tremaine Edmunds and Jordan Poyer absence I have this thought.

The Steelers were able to be fairly successful throwing the ball yesterday and to be honest I felt the absence of Edmunds was a major cause of that success although the yards were “a lot of empty calories” completions.

Edmunds presence with his height and wingspan and quickness erect havoc on the opposing QB field of vision and stop many of those passes that were completed yesterday.

Obviously Poyer also being out impacted the overall success of the pass defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

'Maine's leadership and understanding of the defense was missed, especially without Hyde and Poyer. Plus, he's been having a career year so far and has been a play-maker like we've all wanted. His absence definitely affects the overall defense.

I like Edmunds more than most. But Pickett worked almost exclusively to the outside yesterday if my memory is correct, Edmunds wasn’t missed. 
Pass rush was/is/ and always will be the key to the defensive success. 
If they want to get the ball out quickly like Pickett did yesterday I’m confident in the secondaries ability to make the tackle and limit the YAC. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

100% chance that when we let Edmunds walk he goes to another team and does absolutely nothing. 

Even as a classic Edmunds detractor I don't necessarily agree. I think he'll go to another team and play very well. Hopefully he doesnt go to another decent AFC team. He will definitely be a point of conversation here for a long time into the future, and likely due to how well he does on his next team. But it's just a matter of $$$. We can't afford to pay him $18M-20M/year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.