Complementary DOMINATION

BillsFan619

McD preaches complementary football. The Bills are playing on another level. It’s more like complementary domination so far.

The Bills have a point differential of 91 points. To put that into perspective, the two teams with the second highest point differential are the Eagles and 49ers at 47 points. The Bills almost double that total.

Get this, if KC wins by 21 points over the Raiders tomorrow their differential will only be 54 points.

Our defense is tied with the 49ers for the lowest points surrendered in the NFL at 61 points. You could argue that if our offense didn’t gift the opposing offense two very short fields (starting inside the ten yard line both times) in back to back games that our defense would only have given up 47 points at this point.

I digress though. Moving on. Our offense has scored 152 points. That’s an average of 30.4ppg vs. 12.2ppg. We’re outscoring our opponents by a 2.5 times margin.

This is all being done while supposedly being in the harder part of our schedule. We’ve played the Super Bowl champs, the #1 AFC seed from last year (and still the current #1 team in their division) and also the current #1 team in the AFC North division.

This is also all being done with the rash of injuries to start the season.

Yep, complementary domination at its finest.

Go Bills. Bring on KC.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

400 yards and 31 points in a half where two drives ended with a lost fumble on the goal line and a blocked field goal. 

Crazy level of play. 

Truly unbelievable stats.

Minus 3 all pro DBs and a pro bowl LB.

Minus our starting slot and TE.

When Davis is healthy, we're nearly unstoppable

Should have been 41 points in a half against a respectable defense 

Our depth is absolutely amazing.  Beane is nothing short of masterful as a GM

I'll never forget his 1st presser in 2017. He said his goal is to build long term, sustainable success and just the way he said it and how he outlined some of his reasoning, I truly believed him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The Bills are so good it's kind of stunning actually. Like good to the point that sometimes I wonder if they do these crazy things early on like fumble at the 2 yard line just to make things more challenging for themselves.

When they get rolling on offense they are almost unstoppable. 

Defensively, they have allowed a total of 7 points in the 2nd half and that happened largely on a play that would have never happened with Poyer in there on 3rd and 22 against Miami.

The 4 other games they have allowed no points in the 2nd half. Also have not allowed a point in the 3rd quarter yet this year. Their adjustments after halftime are exceptional.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

We've also had the starting offense sitting on the bench for the entire 4th quarter in 2 of the 5 games so far. 

And Josh just threw for the second most yards ever by a Bills QB, while sitting most of the fourth. 

Think about how many games, how many QBs. He’s operating at a wild, unprecedented level. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think there is a way to look at yesterday's matchup through the lens of the NFL Draft process.   Without doing a deep dive it seems to me that the Steelers frontload offensive skill players in the draft.  Pickett, Pickens, Austin last year, Harris in the 1st round last year (1st round running back?).  Claypool early the year before (non-factor).

BBB emphasizes the defensive line, and players on defense.  Epenesa over Dobbins; two DE's in the first two rounds last year and Elam and Bernard (OL?) last year.   

Just one way to look at things.   It may all be Josh, but that is what I was thinking.   

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It's complementary, not complimentary.  Complimentary football is when Josh says "Nice catch Gabe!" and Gabe replies "Great throw Josh!". 

927356084-Grammar_Police_by_Rysis.jpg

But I bet Josh and Gabe said those very exact words, so it's both, and OP is right.

Nayh nayh nayh

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

And Josh just threw for the second most yards ever by a Bills QB, while sitting most of the fourth. 

Think about how many games, how many QBs. He’s operating at a wild, unprecedented level. 

Pretty sure they said it was the most by a Bills QB at the game 

It's been a long time since one team in the NFL has been so obviously better than everybody else.  That's not getting a ton of attention right now because of the Dolphins blemish on our schedule which may actually be a good thing because the team doesn't need that undefeated pressure on top of being SB favorites.

8 minutes ago, Rubes said:

They did, it was the most yards by a Bills QB in regulation

Thank you. The regulation part I most have missed. 

I’ll concede. It wasn’t the most ever by a Bills QB. But considering he did it in 3Qs I’m sure he could have passed that mark with another drive. 2 at the most. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.