Early Bills/Chiefs line: Bills +1(UPDATE: Now Bills -3 post KC/LV Game)

Big Turk

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

I expect the Raiders to give the Chiefs all they can handle tonight.  The Raiders are talented, can get after the passer, and this is a huge divisional game for them.  I think it's going to be a back-and-forth battle, similar to Ravens/Bengals last night, except higher scoring.

That's my point as well, if the Chiefs were to do the Raiders what the Bills did to the Steelers yesterday it's definitely going to put the league on notice.

They certainly answered big time last week in Tampa after their only loss of the season but have to believe Raiders can make this a ball game even in a loss.

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

That's my point as well, if the Chiefs were to do the Raiders what the Bills did to the Steelers yesterday it's definitely going to put the league on notice.

They certainly answered big time last week in Tampa after their only loss of the season but have to believe Raiders can make this a ball game even in a loss.

If the Chiefs have a tough time with the Raiders, win or lose, bettors are going to hammer the Bills…probably drive this line to  Bills -3.5.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Could be but next week is huge for home field, the winner of the game will be in great shape

And mahomes has played 8 games vs raiders and they average 37ppg there

Sunday afternoon 

Depends.

I'll have alot more to say about the Bill / Chiefs AFTER tonights Chiefs Raiders game.....that said....

KC usually handles the Raiders.  I expect KC to handle the Raiders.  In recent seasons, the Raiders had been a matchup nightmare for KC....throwing often to backs and the TE's.  KC's LB situation prior to this year was not equipped to handle what hte Raiders in those years did best.  

That isn't the case with McDaniels and the Raiders O this time around.  The Raiders have also been able to run on us in the past.  They won't tonight.  D is much better suited to stop that.  

Raiders best chance, and what I expect, is steady diet of Adams and Renfroe.  If they can get that going, KC will have to win a track meet.  

I don't see it that way.  

I'd bet the under, with KC running it down the Raiders throats, eating clock and having Mahomes eat them up on play action....winning TOP and turnover battle.  KC 30, Raiders 15.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'll have alot more to say about the Bill / Chiefs AFTER tonights Chiefs Raiders game.....that said....

KC usually handles the Raiders.  I expect KC to handle the Raiders.  In recent seasons, the Raiders had been a matchup nightmare for KC....throwing often to backs and the TE's.  KC's LB situation prior to this year was not equipped to handle what hte Raiders in those years did best.  

That isn't the case with McDaniels and the Raiders O this time around.  The Raiders have also been able to run on us in the past.  They won't tonight.  D is much better suited to stop that.  

Raiders best chance, and what I expect, is steady diet of Adams and Renfroe.  If they can get that going, KC will have to win a track meet.  

I don't see it that way.  

I'd bet the under, with KC running it down the Raiders throats, eating clock and having Mahomes eat them up on play action....winning TOP and turnover battle.  KC 30, Raiders 15.

KC seems to play a lot of weird lower scoring close games where they are clearly the better team but settle for FGs or for whatever reason don't score a lot of points. They have their fair share of blowouts as well, but not the way the Bills do.

Edited by Big Turk

13 hours ago, eball said:

There have only been roughly 40 threads on this subject.  Go find one.

Kidding (sort of).  It’s all based upon a specific formula.  There is no gamesmanship and it isn’t “unfair.”  Those are just the breaks.

Knock yourself out, brother.  This is a Bills board and we’ll do what we want.  That ok with you?

I’ve been on this board for ten years and it always makes me laugh when someone says something’s already been discussed and to “look it up,” as if the search function at TBD is this amazing engine. It’s not. And it’s just way easier to ask in a current forum where you’ll get a quick answer (I got 6). 

5 hours ago, mannc said:

If the Chiefs have a tough time with the Raiders, win or lose, bettors are going to hammer the Bills…probably drive this line to  Bills -3.5.

I don't see it going that far. I don't think it moves past -2.5 but we will see.

I was expecting the Chiefs to handle the Raider rather easily and move the line down to -1 or back to EVEN. But obviously that is not happening.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don't see it going that far. I don't think it moves past -2.5 but we will see.

I was expecting the Chiefs to handle the Raider rather easily and move the line down to -1 or back to EVEN. But obviously that is not happening.

Chiefs just are not as good this year.

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I don't see it that way.  

Zero,

I look forward to your postgame analysis. Like you I didn't see this coming at all. Raiders currently up 17-0 as I type. That said, I was high on the Raiders this year prior to this game despite their 1-3 start. They have had a pretty tough schedule and some hard luck but they have been in every game, even blowing out the Cardinals at one point.

Thus far the Chiefs pass blocking has been terrible and the Chiefs don't seem to be making much of an effort at all to run the ball. And as I type this McKInnion rips a run for 20+ yards. Maybe the Chiefs should start running despite down 17 here.

I'd be surprised if the line didn't move in favor of the Bills after watching that game. Not impressed with that performance.

7 hours ago, mannc said:

Let's see if the hammer the line...Chiefs should have lost.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.