Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

Just now, Rc2catch said:

As I said, I would view Hines as a marginal upgrade over what we already have. He can’t possibly cost much so I wouldn’t freak out if they acquired him and I’ll cheer for him. I don’t view him as much better than Duke though. 👍 I do appreciate the healthy back and forth on it, gives me hope for this message board. 

The BIlls see Duke Johnson in practice every day and haven't seen fit to elevate him to the active roster. I think that's telling.

Just now, Rc2catch said:

As I said, I would view Hines as a marginal upgrade over what we already have. He can’t possibly cost much so I wouldn’t freak out if they acquired him and I’ll cheer for him. I don’t view him as much better than Duke though. 👍 I do appreciate the healthy back and forth on it, gives me hope for this message board. 

Yeah I'm going nuts waiting for something and that damn Montgomery tweet had me fooled..  Hines would be real nice but not my first choice for an upgrade. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

The BIlls see Duke Johnson in practice every day and haven't seen fit to elevate him to the active roster. I think that's telling.

Telling of what though? We don’t know if they’re actually chasing Hines. 
And Duke definitely isn’t in comparison with CMC or Kamara. 

The Bills salary cap situation is keeping us from making a lot of these deals. Not only are we tight this year, but we are even tighter next year. We are as of now -7.55 million against the 2023 salary cap and only 38 players counting towards that. That number will change but it still will have to be dealt with.

So as much as everyone fantasizes about trades at the deadline and I know some people believe the salary cap is "Just a Number" It still has to be dealt with and we do not have much wiggle room. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I doubt it would have anything to do with asking price and more just the Raiders not moving him.

RBs have very little value as is, especially a rental.

The asking prices for CMC and Kamara were both apparently too high for us though.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think it’s only telling that they don’t want to cut moss.  There’s no roster spot for him

• Agree 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

The asking prices for CMC and Kamara were both apparently too high for us though.

Kamara was never getting traded, and CMC never even went for a first.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Brandin Cooks not at practice today for Texans...trade incoming.

Most likely KC

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

The Bills salary cap situation is keeping us from making a lot of these deals. Not only are we tight this year, but we are even tighter next year. We are as of now -7.55 million against the 2023 salary cap and only 38 players counting towards that. That number will change but it still will have to be dealt with.

So as much as everyone fantasizes about trades at the deadline and I know some people believe the salary cap is "Just a Number" It still has to be dealt with and we do not have much wiggle room. 

Just not true.  Next years cap will be at MINIMUM 240 million and more likely around 250 million due to Amazon TV contract kicking in. Cap concerns next year will NOT be a reason they do nothing, especially with even bigger increases coming the next 3 or 4 years after that from the other TV contracts kicking in.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.