Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Swift is the main back. Jamal Williams vultures some touchdowns on goal line runs. But swift is their guy. He’s just not healthy since week 2. Campbell just said this morning he’s still not 100% that’s why he didn’t play much Sunday. 

Makes sense

21 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

So was mckissic, Theo Riddick amongst others. Catching check downs when the team is down 20 isn’t anything special. As bad as Indy is and he barely gets 5 touches a game and Taylor has been dinged up. I’ll cheer for him if he’s a Bill but I don’t see him as anything but emergency depth 

Mckissic and Riddicck would have killed with Josh as qb.  We don't have a great receiving back right now.  Cook ain't quite there yet.  Indy is a train wreck this year his previous stats are solid.

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

Mckissic and Riddicck would have killed with Josh as qb.  We don't have a great receiving back right now.  Cook ain't quite there yet.  Indy is a train wreck this year his previous stats are solid.

Duke Johnson is already here. 5 years ago he had 75 catches for Cleveland. He can certainly be a receiving back 

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think the Dolphins are absolutely all in. I think the entire organization is under win at all costs orders because Ross wants to punish the league for punishing him. 

Orders to win are nice. But whomever they trade for, it has been proven time and again that you can’t buy championships. You can however, bust your organization.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

What's the deal with Hines?  I admittedly haven't watched him much, but he looks like a lesser version of Singletary.  Very pedestrian season-to-season career numbers.  Hard to think we don't already have a Hines on the practice squad named Duke Johnson.

He's fast and good at what he does.  The thing is I'm trying to see what the future is for him and the Bills RB room.

If the Bills do this that means Devin is surely gone next year.

So that leaves Cook and Hines.  Cook would have to become the main RB next season.  Hines is not every down back.

If that's true, then the Bills fans thinking Cook is not the answer as "the guy" are totally wrong.

Moss is probably gone so Beane would just need to find a short yardage bruiser to fill out the room.

The cost of Hines would be what Motor would cost.  It's an intriguing idea BUT it's a lot of money for a RB2 type player.

That being said it could end up being a great RB room next year.

Ugh......this type of stuff is why it is so frustrating to be a fan sometimes.  We aren't privy to the conversations that are going on and we don't know what is being discussed.  I'm sure there are some deals that have been talked about that we would be all for making if we knew the actual details that GMs won't make for whatever their reasoning is.  There are probably players and deals being discussed by us and every other team that we would think there would be no way that teams would move the player, but we could make a move on but don't. 

I think we all see how good this team is and one or two big time players could put us over the top.  Personally, I would be all in at this point  Nothing would be off limits to get talent in here no matter what picks we are talking about.  We have a lot of core guys under contract already and while picks are valuable, if you use them on the right pieces to pick up, you won't miss one draft and it won't kill this team long term.  It's time to be aggressive and take our swing.  If it works out, nobody will care what we gave up.  If it doesn't, one year of losing out on draft picks isn't going to mortgage our future either. 

That said, it is going to be frustrating to watch other teams around us working to get better and close the gap on us while we stand pat.  We haven't won anything yet, but we are the hunted right now.  I want to make the gap larger, not watch teams close in.  Now's the time to make the moves to give us a chance to put us over the top.  I just don't think Beane and company are going to be willing to give up the picks necessary to do it.

• Agree 1

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

Sure but one is much better than the other.  Plus a decent returner though I don't care so much abthat.

As I said, I would view Hines as a marginal upgrade over what we already have. He can’t possibly cost much so I wouldn’t freak out if they acquired him and I’ll cheer for him. I don’t view him as much better than Duke though. 👍 I do appreciate the healthy back and forth on it, gives me hope for this message board. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.