Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

TBH I think it might.  I think the style of run game the Colts run is more suited to Moss, and the style of run game the Bills succeed at is more suited to Hines.

I really hope so.  I loved the pick when Beane drafted him.  It just didn't work out.  I'd love to see him find success and enjoy a solid NFL career.

24 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

image.thumb.png.7fb3708dec5749094363093a4bf7860b.pngField Yates

@FieldYates

·

24m

More! A deal that beat the buzzer: the Chiefs have traded CB Rashad Fenton to the Falcons, per source. The Chiefs have gotten really good play out of their rookie CBs, as Fenton was recently replaced in the starting lineup.

Just heard on NFL Live, Chiefs are trading CB Fenton to Falcons.  They like what they see in their rookies.

Supposed cap savings to add more fuel to the fire of OBJ to KC when healthy.

26 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

image.thumb.png.7fb3708dec5749094363093a4bf7860b.pngField Yates

@FieldYates

·

24m

More! A deal that beat the buzzer: the Chiefs have traded CB Rashad Fenton to the Falcons, per source. The Chiefs have gotten really good play out of their rookie CBs, as Fenton was recently replaced in the starting lineup.

Just heard on NFL Live, Chiefs are trading CB Fenton to Falcons.  They like what they see in their rookies.

Josh Allen liked them too. Play them rookies Andy. You don't need any defense. It's fine.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Based on the cap space for next year(already over the cap) he'll be using most if not all of them. Already $7 million over the cap with only 38 players signed and a 1st round picks salary factored in.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2023/

Just a couple of technical notes:

- it was actually not 38 players but only 36 - Saffold and Phillips have just dead cap

- 1st round pick salary is NOT factored in (it is just mentioned but not counted)

- $7 million over the cap was a little deceiving, since Sportrac counts with $218M salary cap, and actual number will be higher for sure. If you browse a little expectations are that it will be around/at least $225M. On the other hand, you need additional $4M fo PS players and roughly $3M for in season changes, so if salary cap was indeed $225 then we would be actually $7M over the cap anyway (this was meanwhile changed by Hines trade but he could be cut for nothing).

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That's a little deceiving as it doesn't account for a huge jump in cap space that is going to occur next year and every year after for the next 4-5 years due to new TV contracts kicking in.  They are going to be fine. Cap will probably be somewhere between 240-245 million next year, if not closer to 250 million.

Do you have any link to support this? I saw that it is being estimated to be about $225 but nothing like you suggest (for 2023). This year it was $208M, I seriously doubt it will be $250M next year, Amazon or not.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Trade deadline impacts the power puffing this week:

1. Eagles
2. Chiefs
3. Bills
4. Cowboys
5. Vikings
6. Dolphins
7. Ravens
8. Titans
9. Bengals
10. 49ers
11. Seahawks
12. Giants
13. Chargers
14. Patriots
15. Jets
16. Rams
17. Bucs
18. Falcons
19. Browns
20. Commanders
21. Packers
22. Saints
23. Cardinals
24. Broncos
25. Colts
26. Bears
27. Raiders
28. Jaguars
29. Steelers
30. Panthers
31. Lions
32. Texans

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

I don't but there's zero dead money associated, easy restructure. 

And yes it pretty much does, sorry, but if you don't see the writing on the wall for Singletary now you never will. 

Agree. Also can be off-season cut. If he is #1 back over Motor at seasons end, then you are correct. I think he’s one year guy if he doesn’t overtake motor which is my thought. Bills sign motor to moderate deal in off season. But it’s possible your correct. 

6 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

I don't but there's zero dead money associated, easy restructure. 

And yes it pretty much does, sorry, but if you don't see the writing on the wall for Singletary now you never will. 

I wouldn’t be so sure motor might not command the money that people think on the open market and the bills always seem to implement the two back system

And it’s not like motor hasn’t worked to deserve a second contract he’s playing pretty well this year

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I wouldn’t be so sure motor might not command the money that people think on the open market and the bills always seem to implement the two back system

And it’s not like motor hasn’t worked to deserve a second contract he’s playing pretty well this year

The two backs are Cook and Hines. 

Hey, you don't need to believe it but don't be surprised when it happens this offseason. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.