Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

6 hours ago, appoo said:

ehhh.....

He did some damage in spot duty, but was never going to steal that many touches from Taylor.

He flashed in our playoff game against the Colts back when and probably caught the attention of Beane and Co.

Would have liked to see some safety help/depth, but pickings were lean.

Edit: Looks like I gave up on Beane a little early... he did end up getting some veteran safety depth.

Edited by WideNine

Here's the thing.  I like Hines.  He's a good player.  He is basically what they want Cook to be, but without the rookie mistakes.  He's a consistent back that will be able to line up in the slot and catch the ball out of the backfield.  He'll be able to help Cook along the way and hopefully allow Cook to be ready to be the player they hope he turns into next season.  But this is a move for now.  They've been chasing a "type" and not a specific player since the offseason and they finally got one. 

All that said, they certainly focused their attention on a position I don't think is nearly our biggest need.  Here's hoping they know something about OBJ coming here when he's ready that we don't know.  But hey.....it's a new toy and in this type of offense, I think he will make some plays for us.

Edited by sven233

Dont love it but will take it. Addresses a need. Hoping he surprises me as I have never been impressed.

Guessing its a rental for this season as he is due $6M and $7M the next two seasons. Unless they keep him and dump Singletary. 

Edited by ngbills

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Dont love it but will take it. Addresses a need. Hoping he surprises me as I have never been impressed.

Guessing its a rental for this season as he is due $6M and $7M the next two seasons. Unless they keep him and dump Singletary. 

Beane can let them compete down the stretch this year and then if they both look good let Devin know he can come back at or below Hines’ numbers if he wants to stay. Assuming no dead cap for  Hines.

10 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Read the tea leaves. They already drafted his replacement in James Cook who is athletically superior and superior in the pass game. 

There have been zero reports of extension talks. 

We aren't spending money on RB, especially not for a limited player like Singletary.

Doesn’t have to be a huge contract. Do we want him ? Does he want to stay? If so I think he’s here next year. 

• Disagree 1

image.thumb.png.7fb3708dec5749094363093a4bf7860b.pngField Yates

@FieldYates

·

24m

More! A deal that beat the buzzer: the Chiefs have traded CB Rashad Fenton to the Falcons, per source. The Chiefs have gotten really good play out of their rookie CBs, as Fenton was recently replaced in the starting lineup.

Just heard on NFL Live, Chiefs are trading CB Fenton to Falcons.  They like what they see in their rookies.

Edited by jkeerie

21 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Farewell to Moss.. really thought he was gunna be better here...

Hopefully a new start is what he needs...

TBH I think it might.  I think the style of run game the Colts run is more suited to Moss, and the style of run game the Bills succeed at is more suited to Hines.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.