Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

Save the picks, save the cap. We are going to contend for the next 5 years at least. There is too much luck involved (single elimination playoffs) to go all in on one year unless you think it is your last year to make a run (like if you have a super old franchise QB).

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I don't think we are in real need at RB, but I'd give up a 3rd for Jacobs. The offense becomes so much harder to defend with a guy like Jacobs in the backfield. He'd get teams to bring their safeties in closer, allowing for bigger pass plays, more often. He'd be the only RB out there I would make trade for.

I'd absolutely take Jacobs for a 3rd. I just don't see anything that indicates the Raiders would do that. Why would they get rid of their best RB for a 3rd? That rounder next year likely had little impact on improving the Raiders. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Pretty sure Beane already has his 2023 salary cap board all sorted out and knows what needs to be done, and my gut tells me there is not as much wiggle room and some think.

More money is going to flow but there will still be some tough decisions and some upset fans when the ax has to fall.

Of course he does.  Everything isn't chiseled in stone, but he knows what the options are.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I'd absolutely take Jacobs for a 3rd. I just don't see anything that indicates the Raiders would do that. Why would they get rid of their best RB for a 3rd? That rounder next year likely had little impact on improving the Raiders. 

If they had any intention of keeping him they would have picked up his 5th year option in April. They did not.

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

If they had any intention of keeping him they would have picked up his 5th year option in April. They did not.

And if they let him go, they’ll get a 3rd rd comp pick.  

He was a different RB when they declined his option.  He’s MUCH better right now.  How long will this new Jacobs last?  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

because they declined his 5th year option which means it’s 99% likely he ain’t coming back next year and they’re 2-5 in a division with the Chiefs.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.