Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

What are you talking about.  He was traded because they didn't get a first.  I have no idea what you are even talking about.  The results are already out.

I’ll spell it out for you.  THE NINERS DON’T HAVE A FIRST ROUND PICK.  THAT’S WHY THEY DIDN’T GIVE UP A FIRST.  SAME WITH THE RAMS.  

15 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

The Bills salary cap situation is keeping us from making a lot of these deals. Not only are we tight this year, but we are even tighter next year. We are as of now -7.55 million against the 2023 salary cap and only 38 players counting towards that. That number will change but it still will have to be dealt with.

So as much as everyone fantasizes about trades at the deadline and I know some people believe the salary cap is "Just a Number" It still has to be dealt with and we do not have much wiggle room. 

The cap is fugazi 

• Disagree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Hmm...I don't know, Texans beat reporters who are reporting it should be aware of that I would think.

Could be (hence my "pretty sure"). But they're also incentivized to drive eyeballs and traffic, so also wouldn't be the first time a "journalist" sensationalized absolutely nothing. We'll know in an hour!

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

Guys, the Bills want MULTIPLE Super Bowl trophies out of Josh Allen. Not just one. And that means keeping their draft picks as a way to continue to have star players around Allen and on D

I agree to an extent, but let's not forget, Allen's best friend (literally) was acquired with a draft pick.

You can definitely improve your team using draft capital without giving up all of it.  That usually only happens when you're making a trade for a QB. 

I mean look at Roquan Smith for a 2nd rounder, for instance.  What % of 2nd rounders do you actually think are going to be better than Roquan??  5% is being generous. 

I'd take advantage of the value associated with draft picks as much as possible.   My concern is more that we may not have cap space to bring in someone that could really help us,  so that's why I'm on board with getting some depth at safety on the cheap (i.e. give up 5th-6th round picks for someone).   

Beane built the team he wanted in the offseason. Getting Miller, Jones, Settle. Drafting Elam and Cook. Stealing Shakir in the 5th. Uncovering gold in Benford in the 6th. He build the team that everyone is trying to beat.

We get a former All Pro CB back in the next couple weeks. Cook and Shakir are being brought along slowly to be ready for playoff time. Hamlin, Elam and Benford are gaining more and more experience and will be on point come January. AND we get to keep a full compliment of picks for next year. 

I want a new shiny toy for the offense just as much as anyone. However, even if we stand pat this is still the deepest roster in the NFL and is being led by the best QB in the NFL. We're good.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BobBelcher said:

I agree to an extent, but let's not forget, Allen's best friend (literally) was acquired with a draft pick.

You can definitely improve your team using draft capital without giving up all of it.  That usually only happens when you're making a trade for a QB. 

I mean look at Roquan Smith for a 2nd rounder, for instance.  What % of 2nd rounders do you actually think are going to be better than Roquan??  5% is being generous. 

I'd take advantage of the value associated with draft picks as much as possible.   My concern is more that we may not have cap space to bring in someone that could really help us,  so that's why I'm on board with getting some depth at safety on the cheap (i.e. give up 5th-6th round picks for someone).   

Roquan is also about to be paid 18M a year.  That must be taken into account.  There’s little chance that we trade for any player that we’ll have to pay over 12M per year for imo.  

Just now, BobBelcher said:

So if I'm Beane, any trade I make has to align with a few things

A) a single draft pick to a single draft year. So a 2nd this year, and a 3rd in 2024, etc 

B) not contradictory to a R1 - R3 players from the last 2 drafts.  For me, that means you don't send more draft capital after already spending a 2nd rounder on Cook, DE, OT, CB, or an X WR

C) Is a starter to replace either an aging inuured player, or a spot where we need better production

So I think that limits to the Bills to 3 spots. 

• IOL for either Bates or Saffold, who've ranged from average to poor
  • Safety if Poyer's injury is significant
  • Slot WR (Shakir was a 5th round pick)

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

A day 2 pick for a RB rental would be absolutely gross  

I don't think we are in real need at RB, but I'd give up a 3rd for Jacobs. The offense becomes so much harder to defend with a guy like Jacobs in the backfield. He'd get teams to bring their safeties in closer, allowing for bigger pass plays, more often. He'd be the only RB out there I would make trade for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Swift is the main back. Jamal Williams vultures some touchdowns on goal line runs. But swift is their guy. He’s just not healthy since week 2. Campbell just said this morning he’s still not 100% that’s why he didn’t play much Sunday. 

Swift and Cook as future backfield mates would be great 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.