Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

17 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I usually would agree with that, but didn't Rams kind of buy one last year?

Maybe that’s as close as it gets, but they already had a solid foundation. They just added a couple missing pieces. The Fins have added half a team this year.

4 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I did not say its the lone reason but its a challenge and its is the reason we are not making some of the bigger delas that are going down

And we will still have to play cap gymnastics next yeare just the same

Yeah we are limited by what we have right now to work with...but concerns for next year I don't think would be the overriding factor, they have time to get that sorted out. 

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

No one was giving a first, thats why he didn't go for a first. 

If someone offered a first, SF wouldn't have got him on the deal they did.

The niners would have given a first.  There is no doubt 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

I fear Beane will try to be too cute today and we end up not improving in such a huge year. Strike while hot Beane!!!

Still not trusting the process?  Beane pulls the trigger when HE thinks it's the right thing to do.

He and his boys are on the phones, and he will or will not do what he thinks is best for the team this year and in the future.

He is not going to put his money on a "hard eight" throw of the dice.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

CMC went for a second, third, and fourth-round picks in the 2023, as well as a fifth-round pick in 2024.  Beane values his picks way too much to give that many up.

I mean when you draft players like Milano(I know it wasn't a Beane pick, but McD was here), Taron Johnson, Khalil Shakir, Gabe Davis, etc in those areas, those are very valuable picks...Beane consistently finds quality players in those areas and he may feel he has a big advantage over other teams via his ability to consistently do that.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Yeah we are limited by what we have right now to work with...but concerns for next year I don't think would be the overriding factor, they have time to get that sorted out. 

Pretty sure Beane already has his 2023 salary cap board all sorted out and knows what needs to be done, and my gut tells me there is not as much wiggle room and some think.

More money is going to flow but there will still be some tough decisions and some upset fans when the ax has to fall.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I mean when you draft players like Milano(I know it wasn't a Beane pick, but McD was here), Taron Johnson, Khalil Shakir, Gabe Davis, etc in those areas, those are very valuable picks...Beane consistently finds quality players in those areas and he may feel he has a big advantage over other teams via his ability to consistently do that.

Precisely.  Beane has found great talent in later rounds and giving up that many picks to me just isn't worth it, IMHO.

Edited by Billz4ever

Just now, ddaryl said:

Pretty sure Beane already has his 2023 salary cap board all sorted out and knows what needs to be done, and my gut tells me there is not as much wiggle room and some think.

More money is going to flow but there will still be some tough decisions and some upset fans when the ax has to fall.

We already came within a whisker's thickness of losing Milano until he decided he wanted to be a Bill more than he wanted to make a few more million a year...not sure how many others we can count on doing that. Beane was resigned to the fact he was gone.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.