Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

11 hours ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

Cook isn’t a running back yet. He needs a couple more years to build his smaller frame. What he currently is, is a receiver out of the backfield. 

He has less than five total catches across six games . If he’s a receiving back, fine, but they don’t use him as that either!

There's so much talk on here about trading for (as in, giving up assets for) a running back, like Cam Akers, or Alvin Kamara. The lack of respect for Motor reminds me of the lack of respect that Fred Jackson used to get. I'm sure that everyone remembers FredeX's tenure as all smiles, and cheers but it really wasn't that way. Fred started almost every season as the presumed #2RB, and exceeded expectations every season.

Comparing Motor to Kamara, for example-- Kamara is averaging 4.6 ypc on a team that is averaging 236.5 yards through the air per game, and 142 yards on the ground. Motor is averaging 4.5 ypc on a team that is averaging 331.3 through the air, and 117.8 on the ground. And of course, Allen is (and will remain) our leading rusher. 

IMO, Motor is a far better running back than he is given credit for. He's running behind an O-line that is, at best, average in run support. He has fumbled once in 57 attempts, and he has also averaged 7.6 yards per catch with a 78% catch rate, making him an effective check down for Allen.

If we want to upgrade the run game, it starts in the trenches. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, DJB said:

K Shanahan makes stud RBs out of jags. 

I’m passing here. 

We need a game changer and someone a clear upgrade on Motor

We “need” a game changing back? We “need a game changing back” in order to do what exactly?

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

We “need” a game changing back? We “need a game changing back” in order to do what exactly?

To run the ball and not have to use Allen as much. Without him our season is over. 

Motor doesn’t scare people , teams don’t gameplan for him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

56 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Wouldn’t mind Hunt… more interested in a wide out…. Somebody to keep McKenzie off the field.

We have a wr to keep Mckenzie out of the starting slot role.  Expect Shakir to be our starter come time when games really matter and McKenzie to be what he was.  Slot depth and gadget player

Just now, DJB said:

To run the ball and not have to use Allen as much. Without him our season is over. 

Sorry, but you have NO CLUE what you’re talking about.  

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Disagree. If Singletary was faster he would break more runs and we could balance the offense more. 

The poster you quoted said Motor was “enough”. Enough means to win a super bowl.  

By disagreeing, you’re saying that you don’t think we can win a Super Bowl with Motor.  Is that your belief?

As the potential bad weather games are approaching…. I can see it already, an RB goes down and we are left with 2 of the 3 we have now to carry this team through those bad weather games….

Buffalo doesn’t make a move (which I doubt they do, and fans are pissed.

Yeah the Super Bowl is in Arizona…. But the Playoffs will most likely be in potential bad weather!

Would love Hunt!

53 minutes ago, DJB said:

To not use Allen as much? Why in the world would we ever want to do that? Just think about what you’re saying - Allen is arguably the best QB in the NFL. Anyone who takes touches away from him is a downgrade. Our offense will not get better by having Hunt run the ball an extra 5x/game and reducing Allen’s pass attempts. 

This is 100% how are offense will remain elite:

1. Protect Allen

2. Continue flooding Allen with passing options at WR

3. Improve our situational/short yardage run game. 

Motor is good enough for what we do in this offense.  If anything, in the off season we could focus on drafting in rds 3-5 a Brandon Jacobs type bruiser for short yardage.  Hopefully Cook will improve by next season. If not we can further address/assess the situation next season. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

There's so much talk on here about trading for (as in, giving up assets for) a running back, like Cam Akers, or Alvin Kamara. The lack of respect for Motor reminds me of the lack of respect that Fred Jackson used to get. I'm sure that everyone remembers FredeX's tenure as all smiles, and cheers but it really wasn't that way. Fred started almost every season as the presumed #2RB, and exceeded expectations every season.

Comparing Motor to Kamara, for example-- Kamara is averaging 4.6 ypc on a team that is averaging 236.5 yards through the air per game, and 142 yards on the ground. Motor is averaging 4.5 ypc on a team that is averaging 331.3 through the air, and 117.8 on the ground. And of course, Allen is (and will remain) our leading rusher. 

IMO, Motor is a far better running back than he is given credit for. He's running behind an O-line that is, at best, average in run support. He has fumbled once in 57 attempts, and he has also averaged 7.6 yards per catch with a 78% catch rate, making him an effective check down for Allen.

If we want to upgrade the run game, it starts in the trenches. 

Well actually the fanbase knew Fred was a player long before the team (Jauron) did. All aboard the A train. Remember that? Lol.

Devin's a good back. And that's about as far as I think you can go. Assuming he takes care of the football he's ok as our lead back (there's no one else to choose from really). He'd be a great complement/change of pace guy to a true #1 but you can't always have what you want. With him and of course Allen the ground game is probably good enuf to take some pressure off the passing game. At least I suspect that is what Beane is thinking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

People shouldn’t worry about the Akers talk.  He’s a good back that would cost almost nothing for us at this point and is an insurance back.  It seems clear they’re moving away from Moss and I think that’s a smart idea.  Akers wouldn’t be a prime pickup for us but he’s a safe and cheap one that buys our backfield some depth and quality.  

I think Beane may also try to make a bigger splash but I can’t pretend to know what it would be.  I like Josh Allen OLB, some of the receivers, any O-line help we can get as well as a TE if we found the right guy.  Will be interesting to see what we do here.  

57 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

As the potential bad weather games are approaching…. I can see it already, an RB goes down and we are left with 2 of the 3 we have now to carry this team through those bad weather games….

Buffalo doesn’t make a move (which I doubt they do, and fans are pissed.

Yeah the Super Bowl is in Arizona…. But the Playoffs will most likely be in potential bad weather!

Would love Hunt!

This is exactly how I feel.  If we can’t run the ball in late December and January we are in a world of hurt come lake effect or lake enhanced snow events.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Logic said:

He has less than five total catches across six games . If he’s a receiving back, fine, but they don’t use him as that either!

Yeah it's strange.  He had 4 catches on 5 targets vs. Miami and I thought "OK, Here We Go" but then 1 target vs Bal and nothing since.

I know McDermott likes to bring rookies along slowly, but he's barely seen the field.  54 snaps over 6 games, 9 snaps a game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.