Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

Kamara would be a significant upgrade as a running back and and as a receiver, but he doesn't seem to want to leave NO based on a now deleted twitter post.  Even if this was not the case, given his compensation next season and his pending criminal case, I don't think the Bills would do this.  I agree that Akers makes no sense and that it is weird that the Bills may be pursuing RBs after drafting Cook.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

It’s so weird to me that the Bills would potentially be willing to trade draft capital for a running back when they JUST drafted one in the 2nd round who hardly sees the field.

I was in favor of acquiring CMC because he’s a game changer, but I would not understand acquiring a Cam Akers level running back.

Maybe instead just…..play the running back you drafted in the 2nd round?

Cook isn’t a running back yet. He needs a couple more years to build his smaller frame. What he currently is, is a receiver out of the backfield. 
I'm not so sure we buy a piece for the backfield. I personally think they shore up the safety position. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

Cook isn’t a running back yet. He needs a couple more years to build his smaller frame. What he currently is, is a receiver out of the backfield. 
I'm not so sure we buy a piece for the backfield. I personally think they shore up the safety position. 

That's a bit much. He is not a power back, nor will he ever be. However, in one offseason a physically gifted, young, and dedicated athlete can make tremendous strides in an NFL program. We've seen it happen recently on this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Look for players the Bills have been tied to in the past. Jarvis Landry and Kareem Hunt make a lot sense.

Cam Akers is someone they were linked to around draft time. The injury could scare them off. 

Eff Jarvis Landry. Don't want him near this team. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Agree 3

28 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

No way in hell we grab Hunt. Don’t think they want somebody with that baggage and rightfully so. 

It's been years since that tragic incident. The guy has no been in trouble since. Not justifying his past action because it's horrific. However, I think he's a different person and I'm willing to give him a shot. 

7 hours ago, wppete said:

I like the idea of Alvin Kamara. I’d trade a 3rd and 5th and Zach Moss. Get it done Beane!!!

7 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Pat mcAfee shows.. Alvin Kamara rumors. Feel Bills are the favorites to get him .. discussion starts at 3:45

Considering CMC cost a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th with his injury history and reliability issues - I don't think a 3rd, a 5th, and Moss gets it done for Kamara.

And then there's the contract, which includes a 16 million dollar cap hot next season and not a potential out until 2024.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/alvin-kamara-21809/

Edited by BillsFanForever19

They've been linked to Hunt before. And he is one of the best RBs out of the shotgun. Would really help the RPO package.

A Hunt/Singletary tandem with Cook as the 3rd guy would be a huge upgrade over what they have now.

Cam Akers makes sense because they really liked him in his draft year and the connection with Kromer. But I think this would be more of a move looking to next season.

I think TE is a sneaky position that might try to upgrade. They signed Howard and I know Morris beat him out but you have to think they wanted more out of TE2.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.