Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Cam Ackers is available.  Not sure if he is better than what we have here, but may be able to keep him beyond this year as I think (without looking up) he has another yr on rookie contract

Akers is garbage. I watched the rams/Dallas  game and he couldn’t read their defense worth of *****. There was a certain play where the O line created a hole on the left side for him to run through and he chose to run to the right where there was no hole and got stuffed dead in his tracks. Might as well keep what we have if we’re showing interest in Akers. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Akers is garbage. I watched the rams/Dallas  game and he couldn’t read their defense worth of *****. There was a certain play where the O line created a hole on the left side for him to run through and he chose to run to the right where there was no hole and got stuffed dead in his tracks. Might as well keep what we have if we’re showing interest in Akers. 

yeah, I haven't watched him much.  I know he was a hot prospect coming out, but no clue how he has done since then.  Injured in 2021.  

There is no point to disrupting the cohesion of the team.  Bringing in an expensive rental like OBJ, or even a low-cost rental like CMC (both of whom are very good) would do more harm from disrupting the tightness of the team.  

Any spare cash the Bills have now should be conserved to pay for keeping Edmunds, and also Poyer if possible.  

The only reason to bring in someone new would be multiple injuries at the same position.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

23 minutes ago, Utah John said:

There is no point to disrupting the cohesion of the team.  Bringing in an expensive rental like OBJ, or even a low-cost rental like CMC (both of whom are very good) would do more harm from disrupting the tightness of the team.  

Any spare cash the Bills have now should be conserved to pay for keeping Edmunds, and also Poyer if possible.  

The only reason to bring in someone new would be multiple injuries at the same position.  

I disagree about disruption. These are professional athletes who want to win a Championship.
Bringing in elite players especially ones that our own locker room has campaigned for can only help reach that goal 
(even DaQuan Jones posted on CMC's IG yesterday with "P.s. Red & Blue colored circles" ) 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Utah John said:

OBJ should definitely be brought in if he will come. McKenzie has struggled some and although Shakir has looked good, he is a rook. OBJ looked good before injury and him, Diggs, and Davis would be very hard to handle. Imagine Allen with those 3 weapons, that would be very fun to watch. He would also provide good insurance. 

Wow, OP. Comin' in hot by starting a thread with your very first post. A little advice...

Your initial post was, "Does anybody think the Bills will make a move before the trade deadline." Always...and this is important...ALWAYS pose your question in the form of a statement and start it with "Hear me out" for maximum credibility.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Honestly, assuming we don't go after any "big" names (I assume we won't), I'd like to see some help on the interior OL.  Not a starter, just someone who can back up inside and maybe flip outside if needed.  Someone better than Bobby Hart.

That makes sense!

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Trade “rumors” often get hyped but rarely come to pass. If they acquire anybody, it better be OL depth.

Beane has traded away Zay Jones and traded for Benjamin before the deadline. So it does happen and this regime has done it in the past. 

Had he traded for Miller last year we wpuld likely have won the SuperBowl.

That said, I dont see a need to make a trade for anyone at this point. Hamlin is doing ok at safety and CB is going to go from weakness to strength in a week. DL is solid. Sure the OL depth could get better and with Doyle gone for the year maybe they make a trade for a swing OT.

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland

18 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Wow, OP. Comin' in hot by starting a thread with your very first post. A little advice...

Your initial post was, "Does anybody think the Bills will make a move before the trade deadline." Always...and this is important...ALWAYS pose your question in the form of a statement and start it with "Hear me out" for maximum credibility.

Thanks Tips!

17 hours ago, njbuff said:

Yeah, I can't defend McKenzie.

He had a clicker against Indy last year, got benched, and came back and played well.

Will he be benched in favor of Shakir in the slot against GB? Who knows. 

I think the tea leaves are there to be read, myself, but I won't whack a dead pony on this one.

Hint: McDermott, for all well deserved rep for using words to say little in his presser, is not afraid to lay it out in plain language when he thinks a guy laid an egg.

Just now, TOboy said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I struggle to trust anyone who’s chosen screen name includes “big dick”…

Maybe it's just me, but I struggle to trust anyone who claims he's got a source in the building about a contract or trade.

Beane runs his organization on the "Loose Lips Sink Ships" principle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.