Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Apparently Chase Claypool is available. Packers and Giants said to be interested. 
What's your take on him?  He's had some issues.
When he's on, very good player.  Would he be a fit here with Chad Hall and Diggs coaching him up?

Very physically gifted player. Absolutely dreadful football player, who is clueless on the football field zero nuance and may never figure it out. 

Will always make some player because of physical traits but not a guy to rely on. 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

If he wasn't a bone head I'd have some interest. I dunno that he's coachable if pitt is getting rid of him. They have an eye for talent and churn out receivers non stop as far bsck as I can remember.

Sucks because he brings a frame we don't currently have... I'd rather continue to develop Hodgins. Would love a big bodied high point guy for Josh in redzone

Claypool is 6'4" 238 and ran a 4.40. 

With Josh Allen, I have to believe that production goes up and our culture seems to insulate these guys. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Apparently Chase Claypool is available. Packers and Giants said to be interested. 
What's your take on him?  He's had some issues.
When he's on, very good player.  Would he be a fit here with Chad Hall and Diggs coaching him up?

Nope nope nope. He's anti-process. He's all about me, doesn't take coaching well, runs lazy rounded routes which means guys like Siran Neal ffs can shut him down. Let someone else try to polish that one.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Very physically gifted player. Absolutely dreadful football player, who is clueless on the football field zero nuance and may never figure it out. 

Will always make some player because of physical traits but not a guy to rely on. 

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Chase Claypool has the ability to be a stud in the right situation.  

I don't know if he is a fit character wise for our locker room, nor do I expect we would even pursue him.  I don't see us needing to trade a draft asset for a WR.  

But Claypool in GB could be dangerous.  Rodgers will get him the ball, and with his speed and size, he could be very DK Metcalf like in that offense.  If he goes to the Giants, meh, Jones just isn't a great passer and I am sure Claypool would have a few big games just based on his size and speed, but I think he would be very inconsistent in that weak passing offense.  

We're past locker room cancer concerns as a team. 

We have Josh Allen on offense and Von Miller/Jordan Poyer/Micah Hyde on defense setting the culture. 

We're a 5-1 football team on a mission. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

If he wasn't a bone head I'd have some interest. I dunno that he's coachable if pitt is getting rid of him. They have an eye for talent and churn out receivers non stop as far bsck as I can remember.

Sucks because he brings a frame we don't currently have... I'd rather continue to develop Hodgins. Would love a big bodied high point guy for Josh in redzone

I think it's less about the high point guy we're missing, and more about the YAC guy. And I don't think that's a question of speed, or highpoint. Right now, the best receiver we have in terms of running through a crowd is probably Singletary. 

I was wondering during the Chiefs game how many of Mahomes passing yards on the season were gained after the ball was in his receivers hands. Having guys like Smith-Schuster, Watson, and Kelce will put a lot of extra yards on the QBs stat line. Other than Knox, we really don't have a bruiser WR like that.

Hodgins does have a great catch radius. But, with Allen throwing the ball, does catch radius becomes less of an important attribute to YAC? I feel like Claypool might offer something we're missing in those terms.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Love it for a cheap deal. Big strong player but a little bit of a drama Queen. 

Big, but not strong. Low character, doesn't work hard, and has very few football instincts. Maybe Steeler fans most disliked player. 

Edited by Max Fischer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I think it's less about the high point guy we're missing, and more about the YAC guy. And I don't think that's a question of speed, or highpoint. Right now, the best receiver we have in terms of running through a crowd is probably Singletary. 

I was wondering during the Chiefs game how many of Mahomes passing yards on the season were gained after the ball was in his receivers hands. Having guys like Smith-Schuster, Watson, and Kelce will put a lot of extra yards on the QBs stat line. Other than Knox, we really don't have a bruiser WR like that.

Hodgins does have a great catch radius. But, with Allen throwing the ball, does catch radius becomes less of an important attribute to YAC? I feel like Claypool might offer something we're missing in those terms.

Mahomes leads the league in YACs by his receivers with 929. 

Looks of rough comments on this guy. I love him out of Notre Dame. He had his sister commit suicide in high school, which I can’t imagine does to you. People are acting like some awful dude when the worst think he does is tik tok, which can be awesome.

imo, these are type of players you should trade for. Dude played with the corpse of Big Ben and garbage qbs this year. As others have said, he is similar to Davis so it’s not the biggest need. But he is the type of guy who goes to another team, with a good qb, and shows his true potential. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Looks of rough comments on this guy. I love him out of Notre Dame. He had his sister commit suicide in high school, which I can’t imagine does to you. People are acting like some awful dude when the worst think he does is tik tok, which can be awesome.

imo, these are type of players you should trade for. Dude played with the corpse of Big Ben and garbage qbs this year. As others have said, he is similar to Davis so it’s not the biggest need. But he is the type of guy who goes to another team, with a good qb, and shows his true potential. 

With Allen throwing to him he'd be a stud here.  Don't understand the hate either.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

Can’t stand the guy. He’s the laziest route runner I’ve watched, and he’s a me first player. Pass

I have never been a fan of him as a route runner and I agree with this. I think he is extremely talented. But it is year 3, right? After a good start he has 4 touchdowns in his last 27 games dating back to the middle of his rookie year. I'd be interested at the right price but it is a price that would not make sense for the Steelers. At the price they likely want for him I'm not interested.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.