Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

27 minutes ago, akcash said:

Akers and a third (Bills 3rd) to Carolina, Moss to LA, CMC to Buffalo. 

I think Carolina bluffing. They probably want to get that contract off the books.

I'm sure they would love to.........they have one of the worst 2023 cap situations in the league......almost as bad as the Bills situation but with a losing team and no QB.

Thing is that trading or cutting McCaffrey doesn't give them immediate cap relief.........it accelerates a $20M+ cap charge for them.   The easier thing for them is to keep him and try to re-work his deal.   

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm sure they would love to.........they have one of the worst 2023 cap situations in the league......almost as bad as the Bills situation but with a losing team and no QB.

Thing is that trading or cutting McCaffrey doesn't give them immediate cap relief.........it accelerates a $20M+ cap charge for them.   The easier thing for them is to keep him and try to re-work his deal.   

Oh ok I gotcha. Good to know thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, akcash said:

Akers and a third (Bills 3rd) to Carolina, Moss to LA, CMC to Buffalo. 

I think Carolina bluffing. They probably want to get that contract off the books.

A three way in the NFL. Yeah never happens. At least in trades. Off-field never know. 

Edited by MAJBobby

I'm definitely of the mindset that I wouldn't go higher than a 4th for a rental.  There are no Von Miller types out there, at least not that I know of.  ...and even with the Von Miller trade, LA made that move with every intention to lock him up long term.  They offered him 2 years guaranteed, where we offered 3.. they just got outbid due to their cap constraints.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, hemma said:

I’m wondering if Beane shakes loose via trade (for a pick) someone to help out with next year’s projected salary cap challenges.

Bueller?

I think this is the likely scenario too.  We are deep right now and getting healthy. Short of a good-to-elite OL, I don't see a move that warrants giving up draft stock.  We are going to have a lot of financial decisions to make in near future.  The best way to keep this window open as long as possible is to continually retool with young cheap talent and pay our best players to stay.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Or just trade him in the offseason when there are more suitors.  Nothing changes much between now and then.  If he gets injured, you can always cut him too.  

There's a decent chance the GM could be fired so he might be told no on CMC trades in general.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Are there any OLine targets who make sense? If the Bills stumble, it's almost certainly going to be due to our OLine. 

I looked at Carolina's OG and S situation. No bueno.

Didn't look at Texans who just canned Easterby.

In other news:

KC just restructured Kelce's contract. The move clears up $3 Million in cap space this year.

KC making moves for a trade?

Edited by RocCityRoller

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.