Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

Just now, Chaos said:

People act like first round picks are always for Josh Allen and never for Aaron Maybin.  If Barkley could be obtained, along with a contract extension, for a first it would be an easy decision. 

It would be an easy NO for me. I don’t want a super expensive RB, especially a guy who is always hurt. We need 1st round picks for cheaper talent, guys like Rousseau who will produce and bring our cap cost down for 5 years. No interest in an expensive addition who likely (according to history) will spend lots of time on IR and visiting the trainers. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

There's no point trading a 1st for a RB is our O Line isn't going to give him space to run into. Singletary and, especially, Moss do a fine job running into opposition players as it is.

Nobody hates the hypothetical trade threads more than I do. It’s usually virtually a 0% chance of happening, and it’s for a splashy name people have heard of. 

IF I were to trade our 1st round pick, it might be for several picks in rounds 2-4 where we can use them to beef up the OLine. THAT would pay some dividends, I believe. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Nobody hates the hypothetical trade threads more than I do. It’s usually virtually a 0% chance of happening, and it’s for a splashy name people have heard of. 

IF I were to trade our 1st round pick, it might be for several picks in rounds 2-4 where we can use them to beef up the OLine. THAT would pay some dividends, I believe. 

I agree our most pressing need is a quality guard.  Bills need a short yardage back too.   Beane has constructed this roster so masterfully, thats the only two areas we could have big improvement IMO.  Saquan and/or ODB are buttercream frosting on cake.  D gets all the big signings and high draft pick.  Josh has been a good boy.  Lets get him some toys!

4 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

How will Bills pay for these imaginary trades? They have about 1.6 million in cap space.  If they acquired a player in a trade they would have to pay about 10 weeks of his salary.

Who the hell could they realistically acquire that would be an upgrade AND affordable?

salary cap is an temporary illusion, easily manipulated 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Someone tweeted at Joe Buscaglia claiming to have a source in the building at OBD that we are going to be making a blockbuster trade sending our 1st for an RB

IF that were true, what do you guys think?

1st, Moss for Saquon Barkley, 4th

1st, Moss for Christian McCaffrey

my darkhorse would be Dalvin Cook

does anyone know if $ can be retained on a deal? Or how does that work

Sounds like total BS to me.  

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Why do this to yourself....you know this stuff never happens

I think they are hoping that if they turn over enough stones………your wallet will eventually turn up. Don’t be an ingrate! 

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

Agreed.  If we part with a 1st, we better get a top notch WR or an almost all pro IOL/RT.

Saquon looks better than ever.  But our OL still can’t run block.  It’s not our RB’s fault our run game blows

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.