TNF - Colts @ Broncos Game Thread

Simon

If both teams don’t move on from their coaches by year end, they are giving up on next year. Wilson is bad but getting a competent coach probably makes him look a little better (and they are tied to him until probably 2026 due to that contract extension). Indy needs to blow it up and get a first round QB.

7 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Maybe, but Hackett got heavily criticized for not letting Russ cook in the opening game vs Seattle. He let Russ cook this time, and got burned. I think he’s an awful coach, but I can understand overcompensating. 

I like to call it SITUATIONAL AWARENESS. It was a horrible decision.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I personally think Gilmore could have been flagged for DH or DPI but, Wilson deserved to lose

And Sherman is right - all the Broncos had to do at the end of regulation and in OT was RUN IT

Yes, certainly some sort of illegal contact penalty. I think the officials were as ready for this game to end as anyone. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

I like to call it SITUATIONAL AWARENESS. It was a horrible decision.

I'm not going to defend or criticize that decision. If it works, it may act as the spark to turn the entire season around. If he kicks and it ends in a tie, or loss, he could lose the team forever. 

You have to evaluate your team in the moment. It's a tough call IMO

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

To be fair, we still havent seen Watson play after all this time off of football and distractions.

Pretty sure he can't be worse than Wilson. The problem with Wilson is multifaceted. His oline sucks, Hackett is unbelievably a bad coach, and Russell is playing like an old man. What made Wilson so good was his legs. His running, extending plays, and hitting the long ball on the move. Now suddenly, he's trying to be a pocket passer, doesn't use his legs to extend plays, and doesn't run. This version of Wilson is terrible. You saw it tonight and for the first 5 games of this season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.