Who does Tre take over for when he returns?

JerseyBills

Assuming Tre is 100% when he gets back, he will replace the CB the coaches have graded lower. It’s a pretty simple process. We might think we know who has outperformed whom, but we don’t have enough pertinent info to actually grade performances. The coaches do. 

It could also be a matter of strictly wanting to slot Tre at his normal left CB position and he replaces whomever has been manning that side of the field. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

I don't think Tre will replace either of them.  I bet they are better players than Tre this year.  He is coming off an ACL.  He won't really be 100% until 2023.

Of course if he’s not 100% that changes the decision making process. It remains to be seen if he comes back as good as new, but it’s not written in stone that it’s impossible simply because of his ACL injury. Post surgical prognoses just aren’t as cut and dried as they once were. 

One thing is for sure and that is he won’t come back until he and the team agree that it’s time. 

I still don't think White is going to be much of a factor this year in terms of him picking up where he left off pre injury.

But the obvious choice would probably be Dane Jackson unless the rookies start to struggle.

Also don't rule out the possibility of Taron Johnson actually being the DB that's replaced or see's his snap counts decrease significantly in favor or any of White/Jackson/Elam/Benford in the slot corner role.

No one is going anywhere...not in a SB press year...

Tre will be eased in and have limited snaps, especially with how good our young secondary is playing.  

But once he is a full go starter again, I suspect it will be him and Elam given how well Elam has played.  But they could rotate guys based on matchups or type of D they wanna run too.  I think all of them will see plenty of snaps to keep guys fresh and I can see the "starter" possibly changing at times depending on who is playing better at the moment or matches up better with that particular team/WR.  

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see Beane flip one of our young guys this offseason for a decent draft pick like Benford or Dane potentially if the right offer comes along.  With our cap, I know Beane is going to look for more ways to keep filling the team with young cheap talent and will covet draft assets to do so.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.