Who does Tre take over for when he returns?

JerseyBills

They will have to work him in slowly & see if he is his old self first i don't think McD will make a decision completely based on his history he always puts the best he has on the field if the others are playing great & Tre starts slow or has trouble i see them staying the course with the younger guys .

I hate it but we've seen where such injuries change a player which i hope doesn't happen but could we all just have to sit back & hope that Tre does come back bigger, stronger, faster than he was in and gets back to game shape by the time we are making a play off run ... 

1 hour ago, DCbillsfan said:

I think White will replace Elam.  McD prefers experienced guys.  Elam is playing well.  Never know what Beane might do.  As of now, the Bills don't have long term answers at safety.  I don't think you trade away young players on rookie deals.

Beane has done it before in both Sammy Watkins and Ronald Darby. Strongly doubt he’d be inclined to trade any of the young DBs currently, however. 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

What a great problem to have. DB was a big concern coming into this season with no Tre White. It was considered a thin,weak spot on the defense 

We now see that it is a great strength with Elam and Benford balling as rookies and Dane picking up where he left off with great play.

This also gives Bill's the luxury to wait as long as needed for Tre to return. Beane doesn't miss!

We now have what seems like 5 legit starters at CB , including Taron. So what do the Bills do with Tre? 

Elam these last two games has been phenomenal.  I think he gave up 1 reception in the last 2 games while playing the whole game.  

Dane has looked phenomenal.  The only WR to really do anything vs our secondary was Kupp.

These guys take away nearly every WR , week in and week out. 

I'm thinking we might try to swing a trade for 1 of these young studs, I mean it's just incredible how smooth they transitioned. 

I was also thinking rotating them by series,  playing the hot hand but I'm not a big fan of that. I like DBs to get in a rhythm and pick up on their opponents tendencies. 

Either way,  amazing problem to have and interested in your opinions on this.

Go Bills 

Tre will replace the rookies. They've been given a bunch of help so far. Playing Tre and Dane allows Frazier to do more with the scheme than they've been able to do so far this year.

White is not going to be at his best when he comes back. He's not replacing anyone if they're currently playing at this level. He'll be in on spot duty for a week or two and his snaps will increase. You can't say who he'll replace when he's back to 100% because there are too many variables. 

20 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

During the predraft process I pounded the table that this staff loved Dane Jackson and he was more than capable as a starter. We didn’t “need” to go first round corner like so many wanted. Now look…Dane is playing great and our sixth rounder looks more than capable. Meanwhile…our oline is average.

And the first round pick is playing great as well. 

Elam won’t be sitting. You don’t sit a first round pick that has played great.

24 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

During the predraft process I pounded the table that this staff loved Dane Jackson and he was more than capable as a starter. We didn’t “need” to go first round corner like so many wanted. Now look…Dane is playing great and our sixth rounder looks more than capable. Meanwhile…our oline is average.

And….. our RBs suck. 

BOOOOOOOM!!!!! Breece Hall thread 

• Haha (+1) 2

Benford and White are probably a couple weeks away.

I wouldn't trade ANY of these CBS but might try Benford at S.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Very true but with the emergence of Benford,  it'll be a shame to have 2 starting quality CBs on the bench.

We also have Rhodes as depth

Rhodes is already hurt and my guess is he gets cut when Benford and White return

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

I think they'll go with 4 DB's, Poyer and Hyde when he comes back, and 4 D lineman. Edmunds will be traded and Milano will be the sole linebacker. 

See? I turned this into an Edmunds thread. You're welcome. 

Hyde isn't coming back this season...

1 hour ago, Beast said:

No way. Elam has been more than solid. You don’t take your 1st round pick off the field who is playing great. 

I do not think McD cares about what round you were picked in at this point.   Benford was slightly ahead of Elam to start the season, so he started the 6th rounder (and Benford a few more reps each game).  Maybe this isn't the case anymore given Elam's progress and Benford's injury?   

I think they will rotate a lot, but if you had to pick starters it would be a fully healthy White playing with Dane Jackson/Elam rotation.   If White comes back and is still playing himself into game shape that could change.  

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Are we sure Tre is coming back?

honestly the longer this goes the more I question it....  Beane stated he would play more game than not... A while back.  I wonder if he would still say the same thing.  and let's be honest folks he is not going to be the top five CB he was right away.  its going to take a while before he is 100% back...  ( probably won't happen until 2023 it seem to me most people take about 12-18 months to fully recover).  and NO chance you trade away any of the rookies playing this well. 

Edited by gordong

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

I think they'll go with 4 DB's, Poyer and Hyde when he comes back, and 4 D lineman. Edmunds will be traded and Milano will be the sole linebacker. 

See? I turned this into an Edmunds thread. You're welcome. 

They pretty much always play 4 DL, with 2LBs and 5 DBs.   Taron Johnson plays Nickel CB and is the 5th DB.  

Hyde is out for the season.  Edmunds is not getting traded during the season (if at all). 

Do you watch the games?  

Just now, Bob in STL said:

They pretty much always play 4 DL, with 2LBs and 5 DBs.   Taron Johnson plays Nickel CB and is the 5th DB.  

Hyde is out for the season.  Edmunds is not getting traded during the season (if at all). 

Do you watch the games?  

Do you understand humor? 

Apparently not

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.