Who does Tre take over for when he returns?

JerseyBills

What a great problem to have. DB was a big concern coming into this season with no Tre White. It was considered a thin,weak spot on the defense 

We now see that it is a great strength with Elam and Benford balling as rookies and Dane picking up where he left off with great play.

This also gives Bill's the luxury to wait as long as needed for Tre to return. Beane doesn't miss!

We now have what seems like 5 legit starters at CB , including Taron. So what do the Bills do with Tre? 

Elam these last two games has been phenomenal.  I think he gave up 1 reception in the last 2 games while playing the whole game.  

Dane has looked phenomenal.  The only WR to really do anything vs our secondary was Kupp.

These guys take away nearly every WR , week in and week out. 

I'm thinking we might try to swing a trade for 1 of these young studs, I mean it's just incredible how smooth they transitioned. 

I was also thinking rotating them by series,  playing the hot hand but I'm not a big fan of that. I like DBs to get in a rhythm and pick up on their opponents tendencies. 

Either way,  amazing problem to have and interested in your opinions on this.

Go Bills 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

He takes over for a Dane Jackson.

If so, I think we should trade him if we can get solid compensation from a team thin at CB. Benford looked great when healthy. 

Just now, Beast said:

No way. Elam has been more than solid. You don’t take your 1st round pick off the field who is playing great. 

Dane is playing just as well overall 

Just now, JerseyBills said:

If so, I think we should trade him if we can get solid compensation from a team thin at CB. Benford looked great when healthy. 

Nah. All hands on board. Remember what happened to Tre last season? Depth in the defensive backfield in a passing league is a great thing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Nah. All hands on board. Remember what happened to Tre last season? Depth in the defensive backfield in a passing league is a great thing. 

Very true but with the emergence of Benford,  it'll be a shame to have 2 starting quality CBs on the bench.

We also have Rhodes as depth

• Like (+1) 1

Tre will likely be on a snap count for the first 3 or 4 weeks is my guess. They will implement a rotation like with the D-Line until White is fully back to form. After that, it's play the hot hand opposite of Tre. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

How did we go from “holy crap we have no depth at CB” to “we have too much talent, we need to trade away one of these guys” 

A sixth round pick played like a starter and Dane Jackson recovered from a nasty hit really quickly. Now Tre should be coming back soon.

Like in the movie Miracle, coach Herb Brooks stresses the "options". Bills have plenty of ways to go and most guys are on the cheap too. I wouldn't trade any of them. I'd consider a move to safety for one of them. Obviously White is the controversial one, but as other astutely pointed out Benford has the right size to consider a switch to safety. 

4 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I think they'll go with 4 DB's, Poyer and Hyde when he comes back, and 4 D lineman. Edmunds will be traded and Milano will be the sole linebacker. 

See? I turned this into an Edmunds thread. You're welcome. 

Benford already has more splash plays than Edmunds.

Let's blow this ***** up.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

How did we go from “holy crap we have no depth at CB” to “we have too much talent, we need to trade away one of these guys” 

The emergence of 2 rookies. 1 being a 6th rder nobody expected to have an impact. 

Even with Elam being a first rder , ya never know with rooks

18 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

A sixth round pick played like a starter and Dane Jackson recovered from a nasty hit really quickly. Now Tre should be coming back soon.

Like in the movie Miracle, coach Herb Brooks stresses the "options". Bills have plenty of ways to go and most guys are on the cheap too. I wouldn't trade any of them. I'd consider a move to safety for one of them. Obviously White is the controversial one, but as other astutely pointed out Benford has the right size to consider a switch to safety. 

I’m talking more about the flip flopping some people do here. Less than 2 weeks ago people were ready to trade the farm for any CB because they believed the Bills were thin there. Now, we have such a surplus of talent it’s being suggested we trade away a guy. Gives a guy whiplash trying to keep up sometimes 

• Like (+1) 1

During the predraft process I pounded the table that this staff loved Dane Jackson and he was more than capable as a starter. We didn’t “need” to go first round corner like so many wanted. Now look…Dane is playing great and our sixth rounder looks more than capable. Meanwhile…our oline is average.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.