Activist stopped by Bobby Wagner - Rams, files police report citing Assault

Just Jack

1 hour ago, The Tomcat said:

I remember when a fan jumped on the ice and went to the Sabres bench and Rob Ray beat the tar out of him.

Good times.

Suing Wagner, even if its dropped or thrown out, gets attention to the advocate and their website.  It's a great PR move.  

Or when Tie Domi demolished the drunken fool who fell into the penalty box, I believe it was a game in Philly if I’m remembering correctly.

When that partition broke and he landed in Domi’s lap sh*t got real and he received those hands in a hurry, awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

if true, that guy is an idiot.  But it did happen in Cali so all bets are off.  I dont really trust a website whose name is dailysnark

Don’t see why Cali has anything to do with it

23 minutes ago, boater said:

Certainly there are in California.

Another one why are you bringing California into this

Stupid lawsuits happen everywhere

4 hours ago, H2o said:

The idiot got what he deserved. Just because you're an idiot with a supposed "cause" doesn't give you the right to be the idiot who runs on a field to disrupt a professional sporting event. The only further justice would have been if he, the idiot who ran on the field, ended up in the concussion protocol. 

No, the activist needs to go to jail.

I hope two things happen: 1.  This is thrown out; 2. The plaintiff is sanctioned by the court for bringing a frivolous lawsuit.  

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

The part that I think is awful is what happens to the guy that ran on the field.  I can't remember which show I was watching (might have been McAfee) but apparently the only punishment is a $250 fine.  That's all.  Not banned from the stadium, no jail time.  Just a fine and allowed to come back next week and do the same crap again.

Not sure why the NFL doesn't have a say in what happens to the people that run out on the field and do these stupid things.

the fine is likely the criminal punishment.  The NFL can do whatever it wants in terms of banning him.  Also, the county should ban him from all of his favorite vegan places.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

The part that I think is awful is what happens to the guy that ran on the field.  I can't remember which show I was watching (might have been McAfee) but apparently the only punishment is a $250 fine.  That's all.  Not banned from the stadium, no jail time.  Just a fine and allowed to come back next week and do the same crap again.

Not sure why the NFL doesn't have a say in what happens to the people that run out on the field and do these stupid things.

Probably encourages it actually...people get their 15 minutes of fame and have virtually no penalty for it...definitely is something the NFL should take tougher measures against.

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know Utica.  My home office for two companies is in Santa Clara so as a mgr, I had to be there for leadership meetings four times a year x 5 years.  I watched them building that stadium.  It was beautiful and there is so much $ in Silicon Valley.

Yeah well, you’re …..

Just kidding bud.  Too easy.  😇

I work in tech on the west coast, recently left Cali for Vegas

Wagner should just say that he thought the guy was holding a bomb and that he was a security threat.  He just has to be careful what he says on social media that might contradict that. Even if that angle doesn't work, the court of public opinion is very much in Wagner's favor and he acted reasonably in that situation.

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Like (+1) 1

In California you only get a $250 fine for doing what the protestor did.  That is it.  Running on the field shold be treated no differently than running into a person's home.  You get arrested. It is a felony and the person has every right to shoot or pummel you, like the players did in this instance.

If the guy could get his little smoke thing into the stadium, he could also get a weapon or a bomb.  This guy should be locked up for minimum 1 year.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Simon said:

And poor spellers <_<

Excuse me for making a spelling error. Got nothing better ti do than check  for spelling errors on a message board? Dont comment on the topic just belittle someone. Im not in Cali if thats what you thought, going by your comment. Got any other zingers?

25 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Excuse me for making a spelling error. Got nothing better ti do than check  for spelling errors on a message board? Dont comment on the topic just belittle someone. Im not in Cali if thats what you thought, going by your comment. Got any other zingers?

Maybe you shouldn't comment on the topic one two three times for no other purpose than to take thinly veiled, off-topic shots at the sociopolitics of California on a board where the community does not want any political nonsense involved.

Now behave yourself before I am forced to taunt you a second time...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Yes, there are times when an obviously stupid lawsuit pans out, but this guy has absolutely no chance.

Aside from being in the act of breaking the law as it is, he also snuck a cannister of unknown gas into the stadium, then proceeded to unleash it inside... exposing players & fans alike to something potentially dangerous.

Wagner can easily say he didn't know what chemicals were being sprayed everywhere & feared for his safety. Releasing an unknown gas into the air, running past players & security while doing so, could easily be considered as a potential threat.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

He doesn't care about the lawsuit.  He knows it'll be thrown out.  He's trying to use the publicity to draw attention to his cause, that's all.

The cause that he was involved in that is part of a current trial where his group is being accused of stealing pigs from a factory farm. 

Not sure how that really helps his cause.   I think there are more bacon eaters in the world than vegans.

23 minutes ago, Simon said:

Maybe you shouldn't comment on the topic one two three times for no other purpose than to take thinly veiled, off-topic shots at the sociopolitics of California on a board where the community does not want any political nonsense involved.

Now behave yourself before I am forced to taunt you a second time...

Wow. You are just amazing. I am speechless. Have nothing to reply to this nonsense.  Never did i get political , but i guess you had to come up with to talk about and make yourself feel superior. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.