Activist stopped by Bobby Wagner - Rams, files police report citing Assault

Just Jack

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

Smh….you clearly open yourself up to physical repercussions when you run on the field, wether it’s security or a player…you will be neutralized as a threat. This case will be thrown out faster than a bunt that goes straight to the pitcher.

The Neutralizer.  Friday's at 8 pm on NBC.

Let's work on this and make it a pitch.  I will pm you on it.

EDIT:  44 posts so far and generally, oh what the hell, specifically no one is in favor of this jerk who ran on to the field.

I love you guys.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Activist? Protestor? 'Ya think?

He simply looks like an @$$høle, who didn't take his Meds, and craves attention.

Some of the articles, like the one I linked to, called him a "fan".  A true fan would have stayed in his seat, watching the game.  I refuse to call them a fan. 

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Does it really come as a surprise that some kind of legal filing would be coming here?  Many years ago, I think it was Mike Curtis of the Colts that laid out the perp with a much more intense hit in another such incident.   

I recall that, it was Mike Curtis of the Colts, it was great, I saw it life, he really nailed the guy

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Instantly “deputized” security associate due to current events.

I’m cool with Wagner’s actions.

Donuts can’t you hear A. Donald (captain America) going to Wagner, “And Hulk”

SMASH!  As Wagner is released to take out that tool.

That was hilarious.

Hell I’d contribute it a Go Fund me for that defense just because it’s hilarious.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It's so stupid that you can file a police report for something like that and have no repercussions. The police and court now have to take time that could be spend on more worthwhile matters.

It's an assumed risk that if you run on a football field, a football player might tackle you. If you decided to do wind sprints behind an active gun range, you might get shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

It's so stupid that you can file a police report for something like that and have no repercussions. The police and court now have to take time that could be spend on more worthwhile matters.

It's an assumed risk that if you run on a football field, a football player might tackle you. If you decided to do wind sprints behind an active gun range, you might get shot. 

Not really as the prosecutor can just decline to prosecute.  Probably laughing as he submits the pwk. Then he’ll have very little momentum for a civil case as the judge can just summarily dismiss the merit of the suit.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not really, as the prosecutor can just decline to prosecute.  Probably laughing as he submits the pwk. Then he’ll have very little momentum for a civil case as the judge can just summarily dismiss the merit of the suit.

Its Santa Clara, don’t have that much good faith in the DA office

• Like (+1) 4

I am going out on a limb here and I am maybe someone who should know but doesn't, but couldn't there be a loophole where FCC violations are brought against this guy (and not just a $250 fine)?  

No, he did not technically stop a broadcast, but he did interfere and delay one, though, and furthermore potentially put people and the players at risk. 

I don't know, just wishful thinking.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I have heard that in many states, if someone breaks into your home and gets injured, they can sue you.  The point being...kill them and move them into your bedroom and you'll be good.

I prefer the stand your ground states.. you broke an entry to my dwelling, you are considered a threat to my life, therefore, I’m not responsible for what happens to you.

• Agree 3

I remember when a fan jumped on the ice and went to the Sabres bench and Rob Ray beat the tar out of him.

Good times.

Suing Wagner, even if its dropped or thrown out, gets attention to the advocate and their website.  It's a great PR move.  

14 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I am going out on a limb here and I am maybe someone who should know but doesn't, but couldn't there be a loophole where FCC violations are brought against this guy (and not just a $250 fine)?  

No, he did not technically stop a broadcast, but he did interfere and delay one, though, and furthermore potentially put people and the players at risk. 

I don't know, just wishful thinking.  

In my vast legal experience (I've watched A Few Good Men a bunch of times), I'd say that is a much more appropriate and viable legal case than the one the idiot is bringing against Wagner/Rams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Its Santa Clara, don’t have that much good faith in the DA office

I know Utica.  My home office for two companies is in Santa Clara so as a mgr, I had to be there for leadership meetings four times a year x 5 years.  I watched them building that stadium.  It was beautiful and there is so much $ in Silicon Valley.

2 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

In my vast legal experience (I've watched A Few Good Men a bunch of times), I'd say that is a much more appropriate and viable legal case than the one the idiot is bringing against Wagner/Rams.

Yeah well, you’re …..

Just kidding bud.  Too easy.  😇

• Haha (+1) 1

I heard that the activist was injured/burned during the incident. Which imo makes it so much worse for him. He brought something onto the field that could have seriously hurt someone. 

Not only does the guy not deserve to win this battle, but I think he should actually be facing criminal charges. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.