Activist stopped by Bobby Wagner - Rams, files police report citing Assault

Just Jack

The part that I think is awful is what happens to the guy that ran on the field.  I can't remember which show I was watching (might have been McAfee) but apparently the only punishment is a $250 fine.  That's all.  Not banned from the stadium, no jail time.  Just a fine and allowed to come back next week and do the same crap again.

Not sure why the NFL doesn't have a say in what happens to the people that run out on the field and do these stupid things.

• Shocked 1
  • Angry 1

i always thought anyone running onto the field was fair game.  if you're going to be dumb enough to do it, you're getting roughed up a bit at the end.  the guy got knocked down and that's it.  to try to get money out of this is gross.

• Like (+1) 1

The "protestor" was in the process of criminal trespassing .  When someone is committing a crime you should have the right to stop the criminal by non deadly force if you can. Since I don't know the law I used the word should, but IMO you must be allowed to stop a crime with non deadly force and not be liable for any injury to the criminal if you are physically able to do so.

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Agree 1

The dumbass who ran onto the field is truly a... well... dumbass. But Wagner also needs to know better. Let Security do their job and dont open yourself up to this liability.

While I agree it's unlikely this tool gets anything from Wagner, there is a reason why most retailers tell their employees, and even their loss prevention staff, to never physically stop a shoplifter. It isnt worth it. Especially to a retail-level employee who doesnt even have health insurance. The billion-dollar big box corporation is well insured for inventory loss. Just let insurance do their job. Same for Wagner and Security.

That said, I do love watching field jumpers get taken out by players. Always entertaining.

17 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The "protestor" was in the process of criminal trespassing .  When someone is committing a crime you should have the right to stop the criminal by non deadly force if you can. Since I don't know the law I used the word should, but IMO you must be allowed to stop a crime with non deadly force and not be liable for any injury to the criminal if you are physically able to do so.

I have heard that in many states, if someone breaks into your home and gets injured, they can sue you.  The point being...kill them and move them into your bedroom and you'll be good.

• Like (+1) 3

I've seen online a few people try to actually say "well he didn't have to hit him like that" and I pretty much lost it.

The guy has no business being on the field he is a legit threat. The one security guard looks to have hurt himself and people saying he wasn't going to hurt anyone welp, right lets wait until someone is stabbed or worse to actually take this seriously. It is pure stupidity and why society is where we are with some things because self entitlement reigns supreme. Call me jaded but I have seen enough things I never wanted nor expected to see in my lifetime ranging from shooting to two planes going into the WTC that I would rather be cautious for a possible situation then wait for one to occur. This wasn't some dumb college kid either like the LSU game who pretty much was stoned out of his mind when he walked out onto the field, the guy managed to actually bring a freaking flare onto the field. When we start allowing clear criminals loopholes it is only for the worse of society, I hope the guy sees 6 months in prison and the case is tossed quick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

I dont really trust a website whose name is dailysnark

I got it from DS, that got it from Bleacher Report, that got it from TMZ.  Now I see other sites are reporting it also, even on TikTok I've seen people commenting on it. 

52 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The part that I think is awful is what happens to the guy that ran on the field.  I can't remember which show I was watching (might have been McAfee) but apparently the only punishment is a $250 fine.  That's all.  Not banned from the stadium, no jail time.  Just a fine and allowed to come back next week and do the same crap again.

Not sure why the NFL doesn't have a say in what happens to the people that run out on the field and do these stupid things.

Years ago, maybe close to 20 now, I was told by a member of Bills staff that running on the field at Rich Stadium was an automatic $1200 fine, a night in jail since courts are not open on Sunday and banned from the stadium.  

47 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I wonder how these protesters get by security with those flares or whatever they are?  This is the second time we've  seen it this year. Funny how the "brave" turn into whining babies once faced with consequences. 

If there's no metal, it's easy to sneak in.  One of my BiL's will sneak in those little liquor bottles, making sure first that they have plastic caps, not metal. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Years ago, maybe close to 20 now, I was told by a member of Bills staff that running on the field at Rich Stadium was an automatic $1200 fine, a night in jail since courts are not open on Sunday and banned from the stadium.  

I'm pretty sure you can get ejected and banned from highmark for vaping, let alone running on to the field. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.