Schopp show without Schopp

notwoz

43 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How can you listen without tennis talk and breakfast cereal drafts?

I've been listening to Boston sports radio more lately, mainly because I like hearing them lament the Patriots. But it really drives home how amateur WGR is. Mostly because it's made up of hosts that have been in Buffalo forever and, frankly, mail it in when they're on the air.

Even here in Cbus with the complete Buckeye focus / homerism, I catch myself thinking the same thing about just now amateur hour WGR is. I think Howard and Jeremy do a good job in the morning and I like listening to them when driving home the morning after a game. Sal is ok but the afternoon guys are brutal. 

The guys on here at least have some knowledge and can speak somewhat intelligently about sports outside of Buckeye football. Schopp & Bulldog aren’t even very knowledgeable about football, their “bread & butter”. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've been listening to Boston sports radio more lately, mainly because I like hearing them lament the Patriots. But it really drives home how amateur WGR is. Mostly because it's made up of hosts that have been in Buffalo forever and, frankly, mail it in when they're on the air.

Felger and Mazz are good

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I find them tolerable for a while on the weekday show but it does get repetitive and the fantasy football stuff? so boring! I switch right away. What kind of bugs me recently is the post game show with them. Its like 80% commercials and very little dissection of the game.

My pet peeve …live in NE…and on a Friday before a big game I got jazzed and tune in at 3….and they’ll spend the first two segments talking about…nothing …just Schopps passive aggressive dbaggery…they suck…Wgr could do ALOT better

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, notwoz said:

Listening to the Schopp/Bulldog show tonight. Schopp is not on the air. He has a day off. 

I find the show surprisingly listenable without Schopp and his addictions to gambling, fantasy leagues and his ego.

Really I'm usually the opposite. Bulldog without schopp always seems lost and mumbling. But I haven't listened to WGR in like 2 years podcasts only. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, notwoz said:

Listening to the Schopp/Bulldog show tonight. Schopp is not on the air. He has a day off. 

I find the show surprisingly listenable without Schopp and his addictions to gambling, fantasy leagues and his ego.

Well the guy is a pretty much nonstop asz hole 🕳, so it would stand to reason the show is better without him…, 

I have the podcast app and I listen to Howard and Jeremy on the way home. They are actually good. But I only listen to them about 3/5 days a week or it becomes too much. Schopp and bulldog just sound miserable and grumpy. I find myself laughing along with Howard and Jeremy 

I'm from CA and 4 years ago went to a Bills game.  While there, I discovered WGR.  Like a fool I didn't realize there were multiple Talk shows for the Bills and only thought there was Schoop & the Bulldog.  I only listened to them for the next 2 years.  One day I noticed Howard & Jeremy as an option along with Sal.  Needless to say, I love & listen to Howard & Jeremy now daily and rarely tune in to Schopp.  Seems like Schopp is always moody and ready to snap at the callers especially if they say something controversial or opposed to their opinion.  

I wonder if there are TV shows I don't know about??!!

Edited by BuffaloButt

I don't care for Schopp's content.........he's not up to the standards of today in terms of analysis/discussion of pro football and he definitely doesn't understand that talking about his fantasy teams/results is like talking about your Dungeons and Dragons adventures.........literally nobody gives a sh*t about your personal imaginary successes or failures.

But he is a legitimate professional broadcaster.  Listenable and often insightful.

But I have no idea how Bulldog is on the radio.   His stuttering and stammering is totally out of control.    He is actually a little better working by himself because most of his struggles with spitting out a sentence are related to answering questions or contributing to group discussion of any sort.     Also, he's is a fan of the New England Red Sox........though he claims to have lost much interest in them since they won a World Series:doh:.  Rooting for Boston sports teams should be a no-go for Buffalo fans..........the Patriots, Bruins and Celtics have been reviled in their competition with Buffalo pro teams.........but him being a "finish-line fan" makes you wonder if he'd mail it in on the Bills if they won a Super Bowl.   If you are going to have a talentless Joe like Bulldog opposite a pro broadcaster at least he should be the kind of fan who is fully invested.   

• Like (+1) 3

I do believe they lost a bet one day at the station, and that's why they got picked to handle the bills post game show. That has to be the worst job, especially after home games, when every other caller is wasted.

Edited by wagon127

5 hours ago, notwoz said:

This is exactly the thing that Mike Schoop would do. Just to hear people talking about him. Anything to stroke his….. ego. 

smooth move Mike, but I’m on to you. 

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think that’s right….

17 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Haha, he is insufferable at times but I've gotten used to his "I'm the smartest guy in the room ans you are an idiot if you dint agree with me" schtick so it doesn't bother me as much anymore...

Sometimes he is actually pretty funny.

Is Schopp more tolerable now that the Bills are a good team?  He seems to have lost much of his material because the Bills are winning more and a better run organization. JMO

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.