Schopp show without Schopp

notwoz

Haha, he is insufferable at times but I've gotten used to his "I'm the smartest guy in the room ans you are an idiot if you dint agree with me" schtick so it doesn't bother me as much anymore...

Sometimes he is actually pretty funny.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, notwoz said:

Listening to the Schopp/Bulldog show tonight. Schopp is not on the air. He has a day off. 

I find the show surprisingly listenable without Schopp and his addictions to gambling, fantasy leagues and his ego.

You guys still listen to that sheet?

I would rather listen to 5 hours of work place safety rules

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Haha, he is insufferable at times but I've gotten used to his "I'm the smartest guy in the room ans you are an idiot if you dint agree with me" schtick so it doesn't bother me as much anymore...

Sometimes he is actually pretty funny.

You're right. He has his moments. But not enough moments for me to enjoy listening to him.

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

I would rather listen to work place safety rules

I'm retired. Don't need to anything workplace related. 

• Haha (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I don't mind either of them honestly. I just wish they'd chill with the fantasy/betting talk so much. I know it's a big thing now, but it gets old after a while 

They pretty much talk about that on every show at some point now.

58 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I don't mind either of them honestly. I just wish they'd chill with the fantasy/betting talk so much. I know it's a big thing now, but it gets old after a while 

Same here.  I mean, they're not great, but most local sports talk radio around the country isn't either.  I like being able to hear Bills talk during the day being marooned out here in San Diego.

1 hour ago, notwoz said:

Listening to the Schopp/Bulldog show tonight. Schopp is not on the air. He has a day off. 

I find the show surprisingly listenable without Schopp and his addictions to gambling, fantasy leagues and his ego.

How can you listen without tennis talk and breakfast cereal drafts?

I've been listening to Boston sports radio more lately, mainly because I like hearing them lament the Patriots. But it really drives home how amateur WGR is. Mostly because it's made up of hosts that have been in Buffalo forever and, frankly, mail it in when they're on the air.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Speaking of which, it's nearing time for our annual sexual harassment training at work. 

They literally replay the same video for the past 5 years.

So the joke is, "It's almost time for Arturo to make his move on that intern again". 

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Lol these guy. Amazed they are still around in the era where any 14 year old can create better sport talk content. 

Frankly shocked they are still paid salaries…. 

Thanks to the Buffalo State Comm major pipeline, nights and weekends sound like it's hosted by 14 year olds.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Do you have any other recs for Buffalo sports during this time slot?

I'd like to see Schopp go and have WGR bring someone else to compliment Bulldog.  Schopp seems to be condescending to callers who he doesn't agree with and fails to answer many of the callers questions when asked.  He's also such a fanboy for any guest involved with sports betting

Edited by BfloBillsFan
  • Agree 1

I love listening to Schopp. I really like the obscure references and odd takes. Feels very Larry David-esque. I enjoy Bulldog if Schopp is on with him. I find Bulldog minue Schopp boring.

And thankfully I am not much into hockey as Marty's voice/accent/lisp drives me nuts.

Edited by Westside Madness
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Schopp and Bulldog work well together, but Bulldog on his own is so boring. He's better as a B guy.

I've always liked Schopp, and I've always liked Jim Rome both of which are pretty unpopular around here. I don't really have the opportunity to listen to them much anymore, but I try to catch their post games

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

The show has been the equivalent of "FanDuel prop bets" for a while now.  I can't listen to them.  Even the post game show that they do they talk mostly about the bets that they made and won/lost.  Just boring radio. 

And Schopp has always had to be "the smartest guy in the room".  He will make a point, a caller makes a counter-point that is valid and makes his point invalid.  He cuts the caller off and says they are wrong.  Five minutes later.... someone calls in and agrees with Schopps' point that he previously made and she will use the caller's point that he hung up on to make the person that agreed with him look dumb.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.