Tremaine Edmunds Mic'd Up

Warcodered

Pleasantly surprised with that video. I have to admit he's game definitely jumps out more than in previous years. I've noticed him consistently fill in holes at the line of scrimmage. Clearly he's also taken on a bigger leadership role.

It's going to make for an interesting off season but I think we ultimately let him test the market. 

So wait, a bunch of you football geniuses who were convinced Edmunds sucks have now changed your minds because he had a microphone taped to his uniform. nothing has changed at all except now you’ve heard him speak more than you thought, even though since day 1 both McD and Frazier and every single player has said he’s the leader of the defense. Love this place, it’s Comedy Central sometimes.

• Agree 1

Just goes to show you how important the big guys up front are when it comes to LB play.  Both Maine and Milano are playing fast and free because the guys up front are keeping them clean and allowing them to work.  I can't tell you enough how much of an upgrade Jones has been in place of Star.  He's done more for this team in 4 games than Star did his entire tenure with the Bills.  Add in the fact that Groot has been an absolute monster with both Boogie and AJ taking big steps forward (not to mention we have some guy named Miller screaming off the edge as well) and they are just creating so much chaos up front that it isn't allowing offensive lines to immediately get to the second level and block our backers. 

The exciting part about all of this is that I think we're only going to see us get better as the season goes along as we get some guys back from injury.  Maine and Milano are already balling out, and they haven't had our best DT on the field in Oliver pretty much all season, his primary backup in Phillips (who is playing like a starter) for the last couple games as well, and that's not even mentioning a top 3-4 CB in the entire league on top of all that.  It's just night and day to see what these LBs can do when they don't have to worry about shedding blocks every single play.  They are playing free and fast and it is really noticeable.

The only thing that is going to stop this defense, and this team really, is injuries.  If we can find a way to get and stay healthy, we have a chance to do something truly special. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.