Bills and Tavon Austin mutually part ways

Steel City Mafia

Where does he think he is going to get playing time elsewhere? He would have been signed by someone if someone wanted him.  Unless he plans to goto a different league like the CFL, the dude just gave up a paycheck for nothing.  

Although I guess this does allow him to seek tryouts to be signed on someone elses practice squad in hopes to have an opportunity that he wasnt getting here.

Dang it!  One of my favorite Bills ever.  Can't say a negative thing about him.  Not even any near fumbles.

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

First Cole Beasley retires now Tavon Austin moves on.

What is going on with the world ???

Just wait until Will Fuller signs with a CFL team!

You could tell in camp that Austin still had a lot of passion for the game and believed he could be a contributor. To have McKenzie go down, Crowder go down, Kumerow go down, and Davis running hobbled, if after all that he still couldn’t get the call up I don’t blame him for leaving.

If I was Hodgins and didn’t get called up this week I’d leave too… unless I was content getting PS money.
It’s odd Austin wouldn’t get activated, McD just spoke highly about him as one of the options they had earlier this week.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

You could tell in camp that Austin still had a lot of passion for the game and believed he could be a contributor. To have McKenzie go down, Crowder go down, Kumerow go down, and Davis running hobbled, if after all that he still couldn’t get the call up I don’t blame him for leaving.

If I was Hodgins and didn’t get called up this week I’d leave too… unless I was content getting PS money.
It’s odd Austin wouldn’t get activated, McD just spoke highly about him as one of the options they had earlier this week.

Agree it is a bit odd.  Maybe McKenzie will be ok for this game.  

I'd be willing to bet that Tavon Austin doesn't end up on another active roster the rest of this season.

As others have said, if other teams wanted him, nothing was preventing them from signing him to their roster.

Weird move by him.

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Takes 2 to tango - any team signing him off the PS has to keep him on the 53 for 3 weeks.  He's never played a down in the NFL and was drafted in 2020.  There are like 30-40 WRs drafted every year plus UDFA's.  There are a LOT of guys out there on Practice squads who are the exact same player as hodgins, and probably know their teams playbooks.  

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I know who we are all thinking....

giphy.gif

Joel Klopfenstein?

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'd be willing to bet that Tavon Austin doesn't end up on another active roster the rest of this season.

As others have said, if other teams wanted him, nothing was preventing them from signing him to their roster.

Weird move by him.

My rationale-  they told him Hodgins would be promoted before him.  We have 2 (Kumerow and Crowder) maybe 3 (dirty) or 4 (Davis) WRs out this week.  If we have all of those guys out and they still don’t plan on promoting him, when would they?   Might be better off on another PS, where he’s the top WR option . 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

he's never done anything his entire career. He was fast so got a lot of chances

Not so.  Early on with the Rams he was pretty productive.  Probably not as productive as you'd expect from the first rounder but still a good contributor.

After the Rams, he's bounced around a lot.  No one seems to have a use for him.  Maybe it's just time to hang em up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.