Cole Beasley retiring

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is he trolling Tom with that statement?

I had that thought myself

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He got chewed out by Brady two weeks in a row.

Cant wait to hear the Brady diss track.

did he seriously?  I didn't notice him in the game at all, even though I watched, so....

Edited by Beck Water

37 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Told you guys, love Beasley but he's cooked.

Thank you for your awe-inspiring prediction!

You were the only person here who was able to see the signs of his demise because they were so well-hidden from the rest of us.

I doubly appreciate your willingness to remind us of your singular greatness as we may have forgotten that you alone could tell that Beasley had lost a step.

I'm sure we all look forward to more of your keen insights and follow up I told you so's. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

In all seriousness, the Beasley, Morse and Mongo signings in the summer of 2019 were key moments in turning this franchise around.

Yup.  Beasley was a big contributor in our turn around. He just doesnt have it anymore.  Father time gets everyone.  Everyone except Brady who looks like he will still play when he is nothing more than a skull.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

did he seriously?  I didn't notice him in the game at all, even though I watched, so....

Yeah, first game was after Tom hit him on 3rd and 7 and he went down at 5 yards. The next week was after a miscue along the lines of Bease broke right and Tom threw left. I think these were before the Chiefs game. Packers and Saints.

I dont really think it was the reason he left. I'm sure it had more to do with Bucs getting guys back, and they were going to release him anyways. But it was entertaining to see two angry douches arguing while it lasted.

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Won't have to hear anymore about not enough 'YAC' thanks to his backup career!

giphy.gif 

YAC came up for discussion with Sal on WGR radio just this morning, mentioned and dwelled on the fact that YAC includes yards gained from behind LoS, which pads the league-leader (a RB - Austin Ekeler - 6-49 -  1 TD last game) stats somewhat, approx 50 yards IIRC ?  so if a RB has a phat YAC factor this into the equation somewhat...

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=231

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, first game was after Tom hit him on 3rd and 7 and he went down at 5 yards. The next week was after a miscue along the lines of Bease broke right and Tom threw left. I think these were before the Chiefs game. Packers and Saints.

I dont really think it was the reason he left. I'm sure it had more to do with Bucs getting guys back, and they were going to release him anyways. But it was entertaining to see two angry douches arguing while it lasted.

Only active for two games, Pack and KC.

He was signed to PS and I thought, went back on PS after each game anyway

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Goodbye GIF

Did anyone else see Brady snap at Beasley and wave him off when he walked up to him while he was reviewing plays? 😂

Apparently yes

I thought, when it was announced that he was signing there, that it might not be a great match.  My understanding is that Brady is well-known to want his receivers to run exact, predictable routes - and to fight for the YAC.  "Get Open, Catch the Ball" doesn't fly with Tampa Tommy.

38 minutes ago, Simon said:

Thank you for your awe-inspiring prediction!

You were the only person here who was able to see the signs of his demise because they were so well-hidden from the rest of us.

I doubly appreciate your willingness to remind us of your singular greatness as we may have forgotten that you alone could tell that Beasley had lost a step.

I'm sure we all look forward to more of your keen insights and follow up I told you so's. :thumbsup:

giphy.gif