Singletary was close to fumbling with seconds remaining

Einstein

21 minutes ago, Beast said:

For whatever reason he doesn’t have two hands on the ball. His left hand is clutching his right hand. Weird and he, and the Bills, are lucky it didn’t pop out.

Seriously?

Visualize they are going to punch/strip the ball, that is EXACTLY how you would cradle the boy.

Absurd thread about a non-event.  

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Honestly in my opinion it is a story. The guy is small 5’7 or so right? He has short arms. He is more vulnerable to fumbling than a guy 5’10 or taller. He is also considerably shorter than your average NFL RB don’t you think? He fumbled and lost it once last week and almost did again. I love the guy but I’m just stating facts here

Then why doesn’t he have a higher fumbling rate.  

Oh those pesky facts

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yeah I saw this the other day somewhere else...I wondered why Singletary went down like that initially when watching but then it became obvious...it was almost like a half dive on the ball fall by him.  Also love 93 with his hands to his head like "WTF are you doing bro, they said let him score!!"

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Never saw this angle before. Watch how close Singletary to blowing the game here. Time for a RB upgrade!

And you wonder why you get so much s**t around here…another stellar garbage thread for the purpose of being negative.  

It was f-ing raining and wet.  Shocker a ball almost came out.  DIGGS also had a TD go right through his wet hands, do we need to upgrade him too?

Im ashamed at myself for even wasting my time posting in this absolutely pointless thread.  I’m gonna go hold my hand over a candle flame until it burns as punishment. 

• Haha (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Aaaaand he didn’t fumble. Aaaaand we won. 

I'm not picking on you but this take is wrong. It does matter. McD will not play our 2nd round pick because of fumbles but Singletary has the 2nd highest fumble rate in the league. He has lost very few of them but that is largely luck. I need to see Cook on the field or someone else. Singletary is a liability. 

My problem with McD here is his process is BS. He is more concerned with the outcome than the process. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Then why doesn’t he have a higher fumbling rate. 

He does.

Singletary fumbles approximately 1.5% of his carries over his career

The average fumble rate in the NFL from 2013-2018 (closest date I could find) is 0.87%

So about half of Singletary's fumble rate. The league, on average, fumbles about half as often as Singletary does.

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

another stellar garbage thread for the purpose of being negative. 

It's not "for the purpose of being negative". Do you think I scout the internet to find negatives? I do not.

The purpose of this thread is a discussion about how we need a better RB. And one piece of evidence is Singletary's difficulties with hanging onto the ball. It is certainly not his only issue, but it is one of them.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It's not "for the purpose of being negative". Do you think I scout the internet to find negatives? I do not.

The purpose of this thread is a discussion about how we need a better RB. And one piece of evidence is Singletary's difficulties with hanging onto the ball. It is certainly not his only issue, but it is one of them.

He's lost the ball (an actual turnover) 3 times in 4 years.  Over 650 touches (rushing and receiving) and he's only lost the ball 3 times.  This is almost as good as your shortened vid of the Ingram strip sack where you fail to show DE blowing by the tackle and blame Singletary for the sack.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.