Singletary was close to fumbling with seconds remaining

Einstein

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It does matter because you won’t always be so lucky.

People often ignore issues because of a win, until they resurface in a loss.

Like our inefficiency in short yardage situations. I created a thread about it after the first 2 wins and people said “we won!”

Well, yeah. But then we didn’t. And not being able to convert short yardage was part of the problem.

I'm not really sure I understand how what you're saying is applicable to what I just said.  

Short yardage/Running game issues: Yes, a problem, and a problem mostly in the Bills control.  A topic worthy of discussion.

Random defensive play where a player makes an excellent punch at the ball but Singletary continues to control it to the ground: Out of the Bills control (mostly), therefore pointless to talk about. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Like our inefficiency in short yardage situations. I created a thread about it after the first 2 wins and people said “we won!”

Well, yeah. But then we didn’t. And not being able to convert short yardage was part of the problem.

The issue Einstein is that we were down by 17 points on the road, in the rain, against a good team in a hostile environment, a place that we have had a notoriously difficult time winning at.  And we came back to win and did not allow them to score 1 point in the second half.  That stuff is legendary!!

No team is perfect.  They are human beings.  But good teams get it done in the clutch.  We made every play we had to, to win the game.  I thought it was an amazing win.  As sweet as any I have watched in years.  The win was a gamechanger for this team and the coaching staff.  Need to win the close ones against good teams to be a champion.  Thought you might need a little different perspective on what transpired on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The OP Has come close to having a decent thread a couple of times

No he hasnt

Hence the screen name.....sorry this is a non issue for this play.  Bottom line he held onto it, the Bills won......alll good.

Edited by Kwai San

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Week one we were 90% on third down and scored on every possession we didnt turn the ball over. We also out scored the other team by 21 points.

Week two we had two drives that ended on a short yardage down and we out scored the other team by 34 points.

I fail to see how at that point they were inefficient in short yardage.  It was two drives out of two games.

You seriously wonder why people mock you and think you are negative?

• Thank you (+1) 2

On Josh's TD run it loked like he fumbled, but was likely already in EZ - after watching the play again it was a lot closer than I thought - whether he crossed the line both with control of the ball and not already down by contact

51 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Never saw this angle before. Watch how close Singletary to blowing the game here. Time for a RB upgrade!

I just don’t understand how someone can search for every negative possible. “He almost fumbled! Bills almost lost!” He didn’t. They won. 

life is better when you start from happy.

51 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Never saw this angle before. Watch how close Singletary to blowing the game here. Time for a RB upgrade!

I just don’t understand how someone can search for every negative possible. “He almost fumbled! Bills almost lost!” He didn’t. They won. 

life is better when you start from happy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.