Words cannot describe how badly I want the Jets to win this week.

Pine Barrens Mafia

4 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Yeah I want them to lose, but calling the Fins frauds is really bizzare. 

They're a decent team with Tua..

They are a decent team with Tua, and it looks like they might be a better team with Bridgewater on one of his good days.  

Both the Jets and Dolphins got a lot of draft picks from trading away excellent players, and both are trying to figure out how to get things to mesh.  Right now the Dolphins are ahead of the Jets but the Jets are improving.  This could be a very good game.  It helps Miami that they played on Thursday so they have their mini-bye and more time to rest up.

2 hours ago, 947 said:

I can't see the Dolphins winning vs anybody with Teddy Bridgewater back there.

Bridgewater is massively inconsistent.  On his good days, he's a good QB.

12 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Hate cheering for the Jets in week 5.  Too soon in the season but no choice. 

I prefer to think of it as rooting for the Dolphins to lose. If the Bills and Jets win then

BUF 4-1 

NYJ 3-2

MIA 3-2

NE LAST PLACE

23 minutes ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

With Bridgewater expected to start and a suddenly motivated, confident Jets team, this could be a reality. That being said, I expect the Bills to crush the Steelers. They’re out to prove the past 2 week low scoring output is a fluke. 

I hope you're right that the Bills will bring their A game on Sunday.  Not only do they have two not-dominant games to atone for, they have last year's debacle in mind as well.  The Bills need to beat the Steelers and the Packers (in Orchard Park) which is very doable, then even if they lose to KC they finish the killer part of their schedule at 5-2, and they're on track to cruise to the AFCE and first or second seed in the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I hope you're right that the Bills will bring their A game on Sunday.  Not only do they have two not-dominant games to atone for, they have last year's debacle in mind as well.  The Bills need to beat the Steelers and the Packers (in Orchard Park) which is very doable, then even if they lose to KC they finish the killer part of their schedule at 5-2, and they're on track to cruise to the AFCE and first or second seed in the playoffs.

I would say they were dominant in the 2nd half last week defensively. I am not surprised the last 2 weeks were close. Both were on the road against good teams. This week I think the Bills will win comfortably. If this game is still in doubt by 3:00 Sunday afternoon I will be surprised and worried as we need this one before going to KC. We can't have a repeat of last year with this team.

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

They are a decent team with Tua, and it looks like they might be a better team with Bridgewater on one of his good days.  

Both the Jets and Dolphins got a lot of draft picks from trading away excellent players, and both are trying to figure out how to get things to mesh.  Right now the Dolphins are ahead of the Jets but the Jets are improving.  This could be a very good game.  It helps Miami that they played on Thursday so they have their mini-bye and more time to rest up.

Bridgewater is massively inconsistent.  On his good days, he's a good QB.

Bilgewater is awful…on his best day he sucks—no arm strength, no mobility, nothing to keep a defense honest.  I don’t see any way the fish win a single game with him.

Edited by mannc

3 hours ago, 947 said:

I can't see the Dolphins winning vs anybody with Teddy Bridgewater back there.

He was 7-6 in Denver last year.  Miami is a solid team and they play a pretty soft schedule.  They will win some games.  Id also bet that Tua is probably back next week.  I dont really think there is that much drop off.  Tua is better at quick strikes on the first read.  Bridgewater is better at getting the ball downfield.  They are roughly about equal in turnovers.  Tua a little better in the TD%.

9 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Dolphins are frauds. They'll finish with 8 or 9 wins. I'm not even worried.

Yeah but then they’ll blame that on Tua not playing… because of course the whole world is against them and Tua. 
So I want them to lose while Tua is back in…

8 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

Just from a pure standings perspective, we are all Jets fans this week

But I really don't want to see the Jets spend too much time over .500

Robert Saleh is a charlatan and a blowhard, and the sooner he's fully exposed, the better

I really like him and thought he did an outstanding job in SF, but yeah he talks a huge game in the press and I don’t think he has the team to back it up.  

As much as I would love to keep the status quo in the division, everyone has to realize that we were the statistical anomaly for 17 years. We can't count on other teams incompetence like our kind that gave Brady 2 free wins a year for a decade. The Jets cleaned up in this year's draft and while they didn't win the lottery with Wilson, they have a solid base to build on. Miami failed themselves into multiple high draft picks over the past few years and even though they wasted their pick on Tua, their defense is stacked. Barring massive mismanagement, the East is not a gimmie anymore. In fact, we should give Josh and Co retroactive credit for making it look so easy in seasons past. 

I don't know which fan base I'd rather have winning this weekend: the Mike Greenberg's of the world who rotate their show to feature their slightly above average rooting interest, or the Dan Lebatard's who don't blame the coach for putting Tua back in the game week 3 yet blame the NFL and its fans for supporting it. Although I have to say Lebatard's simultaneous homer-ism while still trying to wag a moral finger at his own fanbase is one of the greatest feats of mental gymnastics I've seen. 

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well, we're four pages in.  I think it's safe to say that words, indeed, CAN describe how badly Joe wants the Jets to win this week.

This thread will probably turn into the Jets-Dolphins gameday thread on Sunday. With the exception of our game this game will draw the most interest from Bills fans for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Well, we're four pages in.  I think it's safe to say that words, indeed, CAN describe how badly Joe wants the Jets to win this week.

Everybody's a comedian.

How about them mets?

1 hour ago, eball said:

Joe, didn't you just use words to describe how badly you want this?

Et tu, Brute?

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Even after they pr0n-choked away the pennant?

That sweep broke my heart.  One series at a time.  Just gotta take two from San Diego and then move onto the Doyers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.