This throw is so good, it deserves its own thread

Dablitzkrieg

20 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Probably his best throw of the day.  Also a very key moment in the game.  3rd and 3 on their own 27.  The drive that led to the GWFG.

The bigger the moment, the better Josh is usually.

Except on 4th and Goal on the throw to McKenzie last week...but that was under extreme circumstances. I'll give him a mulligan for that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

My favorite Josh Allen throw so far was in the Thanksgiving game against Dallas in 2019.  We were 8-3 but everyone in the world seemed to think this was the game that would humble us.  Down 7-0 and backed up at our 2 yard line on 3rd and 10 Josh evaded pressure in the end zone and then uncorked a 20-yard line drive to Cole Beasley directly between the outstretched arms of a CB and safety.  Literally anyone else throwing the ball and it's 6 points coming back the other way.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

How the hell does he do it??

I dunno man...the dude makes throws like this look routine and they are anything but 

He had a few of them against Miami too...the one throw to McKenzie with two dudes in his face perfectly placed into McKenzie's arms in stride about 20 yards downfoeld running towards the left sideline when he threw it from the opposite hash right between two defenders, and then the one on the scramble to the right where he hit Singletary perfectly in the hands as he was running upfield with the LB in really good coverage on him.

Sometimes it feels like it just isn't fair to other teams...must feel the way we felt when playing Tom Brady all those times...

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m not sure i’d really say that was an insane throw. A lot of NFL QB’s can make that throw.

But Josh has some throws that I think only he makes. The first one in this video is bonkers:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a8OwaLppkEE

There are a handful that can make that throw.  I suspect there are maybe 2 that can make it with their front foot pointed the wrong direction, no step, flat-footed, and a wrist flick.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I dunno man...the dude makes throws like this look routine and they are anything but 

He had a few of them against Miami too...the one throw to McKenzie with two dudes in his face perfectly placed into McKenzie's arms in stride about 20 yards downfoeld running towards the left sideline when he threw it from the opposite hash right between two defenders, and then the one on the scramble to the right where he hit Singletary perfectly in the hands as he was running upfield with the LB in really good coverage on him.

Sometimes it feels like it just isn't fair to other teams...must feel the way we felt when playing Tom Brady all those times...

I think the throw was very good, especially in the rain but I think was makes it more special was the guts....the killer instinct.

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

There are a handful that can make that throw.  I suspect there are maybe 2 that can make it with their front foot pointed the wrong direction, no step, flat-footed, and a wrist flick.

I guess my “bar” for Allen is just so high right now that it looks pretty routine to me.

He still has throws every game that make my jaw drop, but the one in the OP isn’t one of them anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.