Andy Isabella (WR) 2nd round pick cut by Cardinals, on the waiver wire

ganesh

Not sure we have room. Rather save room for OBJ if the crap really hits the fan in the receiving core. 

Seems Shakir is set to take on a large role in the slot and can also fill in outside. He looks ready too. McKenzie will only be out a game at the most. Kumerow will be back this week or next. We really had too many WR's to begin with since Shakir was a healthy scratch when they were all healthy. Crowder going down could be a blessing in disguise if Shakir is as good as advertised in the pre-season and his limited snaps in the last game.

And not sure what the time line is on a broken ankle but could Crowder be back for a playoff run if needed? We are still over three months away from the first playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Not sure we have room. Rather save room for OBJ if the crap really hits the fan in the receiving core. 

Seems Shakir is set to take on a large role in the slot and can also fill in outside. He looks ready too. McKenzie will only be out a game at the most. Kumerow will be back this week or next. We really had too many WR's to begin with since Shakir was a healthy scratch when they were all healthy. Crowder going down could be a blessing in disguise if Shakir is as good as advertised in the pre-season and his limited snaps in the last game.

And not sure what the time line is on a broken ankle but could Crowder be back for a playoff run if needed? We are still over three months away from the first playoff game.

They said on Monday that the timeline depends on if there was any ligament damage. We haven’t heard anything sense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I thanks.  3 underwhelming seasons.  It’s not rocket science.  OBJ, OBJ, OBJ.

Shakir plays for Davis this week, to give him two weeks rest prior to the Chiefs.  If we’re lucky, he’s ready for that game and maybe even Tre.

Sign OBJ before the deadline.  If he gets 6 game checks prior to the playoffs at $6.6 mil. (That’s $20 mil. had he been here for the 18 game season). He shops himself for these last four to five games and playoffs and gets his $20 mil. From someone else.

Bring up Hodgins if needed this Sunday and let Shakir play the slot if McKenzie is still in the protocol.

no to obj but yes to the rest

8 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

no to obj but yes to the rest

312, you know I respect you’re opinions so may I ask why no to OBJ?  He can help us in December and we need outside WR depth.  We are flushed at the slot and Diggs is Diggs.  The heavy hitters typically have at least three.  We have Diggs and Knox (but until last week Dorsey hasn’t been using him right).  Davis is not producing because of his ankle and the Steelers is a great game to rest him u til next Wednesday. 

I f we get one injury to either Diggs or Davis later in the season, we need another option, and he’s the most talented out there.  The others are duds and a reason they are on the street.

14 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

312, you know I respect you’re opinions so may I ask why no to OBJ?  He can help us in December and we need outside WR depth.  We are flushed at the slot and Diggs is Diggs.  The heavy hitters typically have at least three.  We have Diggs and Knox (but until last week Dorsey hasn’t been using him right).  Davis is not producing because of his ankle and the Steelers is a great game to rest him u til next Wednesday. 

I f we get one injury to either Diggs or Davis later in the season, we need another option, and he’s the most talented out there.  The others are duds and a reason they are on the street.

Because I want the Bills to develop the players within.

Now if injury were to hit to one of those two? That would my change my opinion.
 But to grab him now is not where i am at , especially since i know nothing factual about his timeline till 100%

So I do not want to get desperate so soon. And as you mentioned Dorsey needs to make the best use of what he has and not lean upon the failsafe crutch of getting Odell for the playoffs.

If he was Healthy now ? Thats another question i could be swayed by.

Bills do need to gets some guys up to speed , even ones not on the roster yet lol. Saw we grabbed some one for PS
How's Kumerow?

And as you might know about me Kelly, I am rather hard headed. I dont care for Beckham since the early day , but i do respect his skill set.
 ask me again in 4 weeks  though LOL

😉

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/5/2022 at 9:01 AM, No_Matter_What said:

I'd be shocked if Beane spent $6,6M cap space on OBJ for 6 games. Truly shocked. If OBJ comes here it will be for much less imo.

The Bills dont HAVE 6.6 million in cap space. They have more like 1.6. How the hell do people think  Beane can pay OBJ?

On 10/5/2022 at 9:59 AM, T master said:

Given the cap hit for Crowder & the fact that they have Hodgins & Shakir then when you think that Hodgins is finally healthy & did a really good job in the pre season not to mention he was or is a slot guy i wouldn't sign another WR I would allow the guys they have to get some reps first .

If the numbers go down a bit more then maybe look in that direction but as of right now the RB position is the one i'd be more likely to be looking for because to this point the only position that Beane has had trouble nailing is at RB Motor is good Moss MEH & Cook with all the accolades he came in with too this point has done absolutely nothin but drop the ball every chance he gets .

I don't know why but Beane hits on a lot of his picks but he always goes left when picking a RB the guys you think will be good & usually have shown to be he will pass on & the ones he picks are okay but nothing to write home about & Cook has been that guy he's not shown anything but dropsy's ...

I'd rather they spend a roster spot on a RB than another WR right now NO ONE is afraid of the Bills run game & weather the so called experts believe it or not that is one part of the puzzle that every super bowl team has had & used to win a championship . 

There is little cap money available to address ANY position but if Beane can find the $$$ I would look for OLine help.

Edited by Herb Nightly
Spelling

On 10/5/2022 at 1:14 PM, Bferra13 said:

If you caught this past Monday night game, Buck was saying it was pretty much one of the worst kept secrets that OBJ is resigning in LA when ready. I don't know if he knows anything, but I wouldn't be holding my breath on him coming here.

Im not on the OBJ bandwagon,anyway, and since we can't afford him,why is this even a thing?

Well.....we can stop the Isabella talk now that he signed to the Ravens PS.

I dont anticipate ANY "significant " trades or signings. Bills have already replaced Austen with Roberson. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

Im not on the OBJ bandwagon,anyway, and since we can't afford him,why is this even a thing?

Because it most likely is not costing 6.6 million.

If as has been stated - OBJ will be signing in Mid-December - you are looking at having to pay him for 4 games coming off injury.  They may split a signing bonus between this year and next and give him a bit over minimum per game - keeping him closer to the 1.7 we have left.

Then he can chase a ring again and be free for next year to pursue another hefty contract.

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Because I want the Bills to develop the players within.

Now if injury were to hit to one of those two? That would my change my opinion.
 But to grab him now is not where i am at , especially since i know nothing factual about his timeline till 100%

So I do want to get desperate so soon. And as you mentioned Dorsey needs to make the best use of what he has and not lean upon the failsafe crutch of getting Odell for the playoffs.

If he was Healthy now ? Thats another question i could be swayed by.

Bills do need to gets some guys up to speed , even ones not on the roster yet lol. Saw we grabbed some one for PS
How's Kumerow?

and and as you might know about me Kelly, I am rather hard headed. I dont care for Beckham since the early day , but i do respect his skill set.
 ask me again in 4 weeks  though LOL

😉

That makes complete sense my brother.

I couldn’t agree more in that he won’t help until December.  He’s an opportunity for the close of the season and don’t want to lose that chance.  I’m 0laying the long game as we should make the most of what we have now, and he is an upgrad just like the rams had last December.  I hope that makes sense.

14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

That makes complete sense my brother.

I couldn’t agree more in that he won’t help until December.  He’s an opportunity for the close of the season and don’t want to lose that chance.  I’m 0laying the long game as we should make the most of what we have now, and he is an upgrad just like the rams had last December.  I hope that makes sense.

Of course !
 if the time comes and we need AND can secure him , i sure won't grumble much .
 I would like to mention he seems to have been shopping/marketing himself already. Which as mentioned above ^ might well put him out of our budget. Hope Rochester fan is right though if push comes to shove come late season , McBeanes has worked his majic before :)

always a pleasure Kelly

and thank you 

Go Bills

36 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Because it most likely is not costing 6.6 million.

If as has been stated - OBJ will be signing in Mid-December - you are looking at having to pay him for 4 games coming off injury.  They may split a signing bonus between this year and next and give him a bit over minimum per game - keeping him closer to the 1.7 we have left.

Then he can chase a ring again and be free for next year to pursue another hefty contract.

Its fair thinking , but is is it really something OBJ would go along with ?
I do like options !

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.