Andy Isabella (WR) 2nd round pick cut by Cardinals, on the waiver wire

ganesh

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree with many others. Before we just jump on the FA train, let's see what we have in Shakir & Hodgins.

still need more than that though.

A pass happy offense with 4 healthy WR's is not ideal.

Not saying Isabella is a guy that id sign or even think about. 

11 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I would not put in a waiver claim if that means picking up his contract but if he clears I’d bring him in for a workout.  4.31 speed and supposedly has experience returning punts which is a need now with Crowder out.  Do not want to see McKenzie in that role, it will be a disaster and fast.  Although honestly Isabella is basically Tavon Austin with less NFL production so they might just prefer to elevate him.

Yeah got to figure, we're near the bottom of the waiver wire anyway. If it gets that close to us, good chance he clears anyway.

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Cole Is washed he is playing with one of the greatest quarterbacks in history and is not putting up numbers it’s body language is bad to I don’t know if people saw it in the last game he played

nobody is putting up the numbers in that Offense, except Evans. 

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

If you caught this past Monday night game, Buck was saying it was pretty much one of the worst kept secrets that OBJ is resigning in LA when ready. I don't know if he knows anything, but I wouldn't be holding my breath on him coming here.

We’ll see how that goes as they keep losing, and we keep winning.  We are a SH contender and they are not looking good.

At the end of the day, he is shopping himself for a payday.  If you, do you want to be on the team that is ailing, or the leading team to make the SB.  He can sell himself especially with our injuries well for a strong close.  Unless KC, GB, or the LAC are outbidding us, the smart move Is to go with a contender.

Cardinals draft athletes, not football players, and spend years trying to make football players out of them.  Kyler Murray case in point - exceptional athlete, not so exceptional football player.

Andy Isabella is an athlete - quick and fast.  However, he hasn't evolved as a wide receiver - running routes, catching the ball the ways you need to.  You absolutely need to be a technician as a slot receiver, and he's not.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Cardinals draft athletes, not football players, and spend years trying to make football players out of them.  Kyler Murray case in point - exceptional athlete, not so exceptional football player.

Andy Isabella is an athlete - quick and fast.  However, he hasn't evolved as a wide receiver - running routes, catching the ball the ways you need to.  You absolutely need to be a technician as a slot receiver, and he's not.

To be fair mckenzie was basically just a speed guy when he got here. He has worked his tail off over the years with solid mentorship and coaching to get where he’s at. 
Good coaches develop their players. Arizona isn’t exactly developing much of anything. I think gunner pointed out just how bad they’ve been drafting. 
Doesn’t mean Isabella will ever have success, but I wouldn’t let kliff kinsbury determine that. If you have that kind of speed a good coach will find a use of it rather it’s on jet sweeps, screens and the return game. 
He still has some potential if he goes to the right team and they can coach him up. He’ll more than likely never live up to that draft slot and could just as likely be out of the league in two years. 

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

We’ll see how that goes as they keep losing, and we keep winning.  We are a SH contender and they are not looking good.

At the end of the day, he is shopping himself for a payday.  If you, do you want to be on the team that is ailing, or the leading team to make the SB.  He can sell himself especially with our injuries well for a strong close.  Unless KC, GB, or the LAC are outbidding us, the smart move Is to go with a contender.

Yes, I agree OBJ would be great to consider later on.  But OBJ is of no help for the next month.  Isabella is also of little consequence for the next month.  Maybe a Tavon Austin replacement.

I would be looking at E Sanders.  He is a veteran that knows our system and would quickly be able to get on the field.  Like in a week.   E Sanders said all the right things on the way out - how G Davis was going to be a star.  Seemed like E Sanders would accept the backup role to G Davis.  Yes, E Sanders is injury prone but guess who else is...that's right our own G Davis.  Between the 2 of them one should be healthy most weeks.

In the next month we're having matchups against KC and Green Bay.  Trotting out the broken down version of G Davis won't cut it.  A healthy E Sanders was good, comes at a reasonable price, and would be available for the insanely key matchup against KC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Yes, I agree OBJ would be great to consider later on.  But OBJ is of no help for the next month.  Isabella is also of little consequence for the next month.  Maybe a Tavon Austin replacement.

I would be looking at E Sanders.  He is a veteran that knows our system and would quickly be able to get on the field.  Like in a week.   E Sanders said all the right things on the way out - how G Davis was going to be a star.  Seemed like E Sanders would accept the backup role to G Davis.  Yes, E Sanders is injury prone but guess who else is...that's right our own G Davis.  Between the 2 of them one should be healthy most weeks.

In the next month we're having matchups against KC and Green Bay.  Trotting out the broken down version of G Davis won't cut it.  A healthy E Sanders was good, comes at a reasonable price, and would be available for the insanely key matchup against KC.

no issues how you framed it.  If sanders is ok for a rental for four weeks, cool.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

nobody is putting up the numbers in that Offense, except Evans. 

Marpet Retired. replaced by rookie Goedeke

Cappa got a raise in cincy. replaced by Mason

Jensen carted off in training camp. replaced by 2nd year Hainsey

Smith banged up, missed 2 games already.  

Swing tackle Wells is on IR with calf injury. 

So basically they're using 3 new linemen from a year ago, and a 3rd stringer has played snaps at LT.  Also they don't have Arians.  It's a bit of a mess there right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think he lost his wheels. Not sure that is coming back, but otherwise, a plausible point.

On an unrelated matter, could you have a word with your owner? It's obvious you know much more about football, though I suppose it's difficult to post with paws.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.