Josh Norris highlighting Gabe clearly not 100 percent

Steel City Mafia

6 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Yep…McBeane took a chance and it’s biting them now. Davis or Diggs getting hurt was always gonna hurt this team about as much as anything outside of Allen getting hurt. Our identity is as a passing team and I don’t think we did enough at receiver or oline. But…we sure did bolster that defense, huh?

Im curious to know what teams have some #1's and 2's sitting on the bench just in case of injury.  Pretty sure most teams have pretty much jags like we do.

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Yep…McBeane took a chance and it’s biting them now. Davis or Diggs getting hurt was always gonna hurt this team about as much as anything outside of Allen getting hurt. Our identity is as a passing team and I don’t think we did enough at receiver or oline. But…we sure did bolster that defense, huh?

You can’t do everything to 100% every year. I have no choice but to take this option. Get healthy, and stay lucky. You can’t be deep everywhere, but we are better than most. 

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Davis is hurting this team. He's beginning to be a selfish jerk for insisting to play and not let the up and coming receivers play. Is he afraid to lose his job? 

I’m curious, what were the words you heard him say insisting he be in the lineup? Context can be important, so what did he say, exactly? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

You can’t do everything to 100% every year. I have no choice but to take this option. Get healthy, and stay lucky. You can’t be deep everywhere, but we are better than most. 

I’m curious, what were the words you heard him say insisting he be in the lineup? Context can be important, so what did he say, exactly? 

Well you are completely missing my point, but ok. We don’t have that problem on defense do we?

Just now, whorlnut said:

Well you are completely missing my point, but ok. We don’t have that problem on defense do we?

Right because they fixed it.  Our pass rush was mediocre last season.  This year its good.  We also addressed corner which was obviously needed.  They also addressed the line to some extent.  They also tried to get a dynamic back that could help in the passing offense.  They also tried to get a TE. Only so much they can do.  

Who is sitting on the sidelines for other teams if their 1 or 2 go down?  We had Crowder/McKenzie/Kumerow/Shakir.  Who do others have?

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Sorry, but what I mean is every team has problems and shallow positions. I tend to like what our team looks like, so I have no complaints. For everything I might disagree with, they have a thousand pages of proof that they are smarter than the average hot dog and a beer fan. 

I promise, that was not personally directed toward you, but to this crowd in general. Including ME! 

I remember the bad old days. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Gabe could have said to his coaches, "my ankle is total dog poo. I need to sit out the rest of the season and let other receivers that can actually run take my place"  Instead he most likely said, "WAAAHHHH!  I don't want to sit out! I wanna play football! WAAHHHHH!

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Gabe could have said to his coaches, "my ankle is total dog poo. I need to sit out the rest of the season and let other receivers that can actually run take my place"  Instead he most likely said, "WAAAHHHH!  I don't want to sit out! I wanna play football! WAAHHHHH!

He COULD have said he was the new Queen of England. It doesn’t matter. 

I like guys who want to play football. Sometimes they need to be protected from themselves, like Tua. But if you have a solid team, you trust the docs, the trainers and the coaches.

I trust our guys. If Gabe at 80% is our best option and there is minimal risk of worsening the injury, OK. There are too many factors for us to judge from the sidelines. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

We dont even know how Shakir will do because as much as I love this staff they do not like to play rookies unless they are forced to.  They wouldnt even play Gabe when it was clear he was a good receiver.

This is false.

Gabe played almost 800 snaps as a rookie.

His snaps were limited last year because he had a bad ankle and since they actually had another capable WR in Emmanuel Sanders they were able to ease Gabe thru the first 3 months of the season until his ankle was healed.

Gabe is going to try and play no matter what. He saw all the WR contracts that got handed out this off-season. He'll be three years in and due for a new contract and huge pay raise if he has a big year. 

The coaches need to sit him. He is nowhere near 100% and is useless out their right now. 

Sit him this week and if that's not enough, through the bye. 

32 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I think they should give him time like they gave Oliver. 

They did that with Davis last year.........easing him into the lineup until his ankle healed.

But they had depth at receiver last season.   Not the case this season.

They have depth at DT........if they didn't I suspect Oliver would have been playing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.