SF new restaurant is for the Dogs - literally

Beck Water

My dog is a cheap date. Are there pine cones on the menu? She LOVES a good pine cone! Usually as an appetizer or dessert. You can’t make the whole meal out of a single pine cone. Everyone knows that! Lots of roughage, there. 

50 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

No human food served

$75 tasting menu

https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/restaurants/article/dogue-restaurant-dogs-17484518.php

Considering the stuff my dog seems to regard as a fine treat I'm like...really?

This just reminded me of the Marlon Brando/Mathew Broderick movie "The Freshman". When they are telling everyone they are eating the last of a species and charging a million dollars a plate but serving frozen dinners. Funny movie.

Edited by Greg S
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

huh, not for me.  Private window help?  Or maybe you're over their free article limit?

I was able to at least keep it open enough to get the name of the restaurant and Googled their website. If I still lived in the area for a one off thing I would take my dog there on a Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Figures, it’s gonna cost you to find out how to get a $75 meal for your DOG. 

Well we spend about $300 per month in dog and cat food, so it's really a bargain for us. 

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Do they have a Wine list?

No but they got a photo of two Shibes just for @Nervous Guy

1200x0.jpg

Wearing a striped bow tie and sitting alongside Peach at a white marble table, Nikko politely licked the plate of steak tartare clean. (He’s trained to eat from a table, Dang said.) He then enjoyed an after-dinner dogguccino, and took a pastry home to enjoy the next day.

Happily, “he processed it very well, as measured by his poop,” Dang said.

Well, All Righty Then

6 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Well we spend about $300 per month in dog and cat food, so it's really a bargain for us. 

$300/month for 2 critters would be $5 per critter per day, so $75 would be 15 days worth of critter food?

I dunno, I can see the attraction - people (including me) are deeply attached to their pets and I suppose if I lived nearby I would at least drop by for a doggie pastry for her birthday or something.

I just keep thinking of the "Daffynition" of "Toxicology": "Science based on the idea that if something is bad for a dog, it is bad for a human.  Ignores the corollary that humans should therefore thrive by drinking from rain puddles and eating dead possum by the roadside".  Our pupper must live a deprived life, since she seems perfectly content with a life that involves chances to dig sand trenches on the beach and bork at busses and squirrels, with 2x/day kibble and occasional meat or fish treats.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I just keep thinking of the "Daffynition" of "Toxicology": "Science based on the idea that if something is bad for a dog, it is bad for a human.  Ignores the corollary that humans should therefore thrive by drinking from rain puddles and eating dead possum by the roadside".  Our pupper must live a deprived life, since she seems perfectly content with a life that involves chances to dig sand trenches on the beach and bork at busses and squirrels, with 2x/day kibble and occasional meat or fish treats.

The reverse is clearly not true - dogs should not eat chocolate.  We used to walk to supermarket with our dog (he was a huge one local kids would get on top of and pretend they were riding a horse) and we would buy a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream to share and when we were done Ivan would clean out the container so we never bought anything with chocolate in it.  One person saw Ivan finishing off container of B&J and made comment "Your dog eats B&J?" and my reply was "Yes. Only kind he likes. He does not like the cheap half gallon brands."  Person walked away muttering "Damn people spoil their dogs".

When we adopted pure bred German Shepard she had no idea what to do with a bone or chew.  It was amazing the number of things I always thought doges would eat but we had to introduce to her. Right now she will try most anything.

Regarding restaurant which went to the dogs I am sure most of the items are designed to be appealing to owners just like many dog toys and clothes itens are.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.