Justin Zimmer back on the PS (and Jordan Miller) - C.J. Brewer and Prince Emili released)

Captain Caveman

3 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

That's surprising that we got rid of both of those guys, especially Emili, that quickly

There has to be guys on the PS that are less worth keeping in other positions

Especially after he made a huge play against the Ravens by deflecting the pass leading to the first All Pro Po INT.

Bills usually reward players for that not take a dump on them.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 7

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Especially after he made a huge play against the Ravens by deflecting the pass leading to the first All Pro Po INT.

Maybe we're letting him look to get a bigger deal than we can offer. As think under the new rules you can only activate a guy from PS X amount of times before are forced to sign him to active roster permanently.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Agreed - wonder if it has to do with him already being called up twice and knowing Jordan is going to be out again.  They can only call him up 3 times - maybe it is stick close - we are going to sign Zimmer an activate him and then resign you if we get any more injuries.

They have had to call up a bunch of PS DL to cover for Phillips, Oliver, and Settle already this year and may be thinking ahead to ensure they can cover the rest of the year if something else happen.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Good night, sweet Prince

Oh, Wow.  I thought that Emili made some damned fine plays, including I think the tip that led to the 1st Poyer interception.

3 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Insiders should know that Zimmer is something like a force. Prince Emili made a game-changing play in Baltimore, but Zimmer should help increase the pressures and sack totals. 

IF Zimm is already back to full go.  He tore his ACL 2 weeks earlier than Tre White did, but I do think it's harder for a DLman to rehab.  I would think he would be at least 3 weeks out from being able to be elevated to the 53 and active.

21 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Good night, sweet Prince

Surprised they let Prince Emili go. He had a good play last week.

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

The interception was off Emili's helmet, and he basically just stood his ground after the snap. I would call that a bad decision by Lamar to throw through a wall of defenders more than anything Prince did.

I guess we can credit him for doing a short hop.

One could say he had a tendency to 'keep his head in the game?'

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Agreed - wonder if it has to do with him already being called up twice and knowing Jordan is going to be out again.

That's possible, but I think it's more likely they expect to get Oliver back and have less need for DL and more for DB on the PS.  Maybe they have a bit longer timeline on Benford than they expected (still less than 4 games apparently)

12 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

They can only call him up 3 times - maybe it is stick close - we are going to sign Zimmer an activate him and then resign you if we get any more injuries.

Again, Zimmer is rehabbing an ACL that occurred ~2 weeks earlier than Tre's.  He's going to need some practices to get into game shape.

And they could call up Emili more times, they just have to sign him and then let him clear waivers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.