Goal Line Stand vs Ravens

ArtVandalay

12 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

1) He didn't lock on to a target - you must have missed me explaining that on this reply:

2) See above where I talk about him looking (with screenshot proof) to the two receiver side.

3) I guess you'll be impressed to know that I do work in the field.

I thought this was a football message board - you know - where you talk football. Didn't realize only novice football fans were allowed to post here. That's on me. My bad.

First let me say that I didnt say you couldn't post here or anything of the sort.  What I said was I dont need or want an education from you.  I dont need a masterclass in football. You further pushed the issue as if I was some moron.  Im not a moron. K?  Im very educated.  I probably have more education then a lot of people on this forum because I have worked in multiple trades and I constantly have to retrain or seek new training as technology grows which is every year of my working life for the last 34 years.

Im glad you know football really well.  Good for you that you are a coach.  I mean that seriously.  If that is what you wanted to do with your life then you are right where you belong. As someone not in that field, I simply don't care to know the ins and outs of everything football related.  I have eye balls and common sense and enough game knowledge through both play and watching football for 40 years.  While I appreciate that maybe you wanted to teach me something, when I say I dont care then that means I dont care.  That doesnt mean give me a one liner like Im a moron.

If he looked to that side then he really sucks because his guy was as open as it gets in the end zone when you are on the 5 yardline.  Do you dispute that he was open or nah?  Do you dispute that maybe sometimes your read should change based on presnap and post snap or nah?  

Edited by Scott7975

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The holding on Miller on the last play was absurd not to be called.  How much more obvious could it be with a ref right by them.

That was Shaq being held. Miller wasnt even on the field because he kept blowing contain on Lamar  during the game. Funny its not even being talk about Von was basically benched on the biggest defensive play of the game

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

First let me say that I didnt say you couldn't post here or anything of the sort.  What I said was I dont need or want an education from you.  I dont need a masterclass in football. You further pushed the issue as if I was some moron.  Im not a moron. K?  Im very educated.  I probably have more education then a lot of people on this forum because I have worked in multiple trades and I constantly have to retrain or seek new training as technology grows which is every year of my working life for the last 34 years.

Im glad you know football really well.  Good for you that you are a coach.  I mean that seriously.  If that is what you wanted to do with your life then you are right where you belong. As someone not in that field, I simply don't care to know the ins and outs of everything football related.  I have eye balls and common sense and enough game knowledge through both play and watching football for 40 years.  While I appreciate that maybe you wanted to teach me something, when I say I dont care then that means I dont care.  That doesnt mean give me a one liner like Im a moron.

If he looked to that side then he really sucks because his guy was as open as it gets in the end zone when you are on the 5 yardline.  Do you dispute that he was open or nah?  Do you dispute that maybe sometimes your read should change based on presnap and post snap or nah?  

That's fine if you don't "want or need an education", but there are others on this board who do like to know what is actually going on. I wasn't coming at you, I was simply describing what was actually happening within the play design. To be completely honest with you, Milano probably picks that pass off to the #2 receiver if it's thrown right off the snap because of how much it would pull the coverage. Progression can change based on pre-snap looks. In this instance the Bills had 3 over 2 on that top side - there's no logical reason to change the progression. Furthermore, the whole design of the play was to throw Duvernay open on the slant thinking they'd get the rub vs man coverage. The Bills played zone and the slant wasn't there. Lamar got pressured and it turned into scramble drill where all receivers work to open grass in the direction the QB is working to (that's how Duvernay ended up going from slanting to the middle of the field to the sideline). Again, I'm explaining all of this for the people that want to know.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

1) He didn't lock on to a target - you must have missed me explaining that on this reply:

2) See above where I talk about him looking (with screenshot proof) to the two receiver side.

3) I guess you'll be impressed to know that I do work in the field.

I thought this was a football message board - you know - where you talk football. Didn't realize only novice football fans were allowed to post here. That's on me. My bad.

I'm going to bite on this one... what exactly does it mean that you "work in the field"... pretty broad statement. 

Edited by ArtVandalay

13 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

That's fine if you don't "want or need an education", but there are others on this board who do like to know what is actually going on. I wasn't coming at you, I was simply describing what was actually happening within the play design. To be completely honest with you, Milano probably picks that pass off to the #2 receiver if it's thrown right off the snap because of how much it would pull the coverage. Progression can change based on pre-snap looks. In this instance the Bills had 3 over 2 on that top side - there's no logical reason to change the progression. Furthermore, the whole design of the play was to throw Duvernay open on the slant thinking they'd get the rub vs man coverage. The Bills played zone and the slant wasn't there. Lamar got pressured and it turned into scramble drill where all receivers work to open grass in the direction the QB is working to (that's how Duvernay ended up going from slanting to the middle of the field to the sideline). Again, I'm explaining all of this for the people that want to know.

Milano might pick it off.  It doesnt get more open than that though.  Not unless a dude falls down or something. The field is too small.  Im just going to agree to disagree with you at this point.  Other QBs make that play.  I'll never change my mind on that.

5 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

What level do you coach and what's your coaching position?

And for a living you mean this is a full time job love in your own fully through coaching?

I’ve coached everything from high school to DI. I’m currently a DC. Yes, this is my full time job.

4 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

I’ve coached everything from high school to DI. I’m currently a DC. Yes, this is my full time job.

Thanks for your insight. As a fan, there is so much that we don’t see because the game is so complicated. And to support your point, Baldy noted the same thing in his breakdown of the play. Still photos of plays often show guys as being way more open than they actually are.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Disagree.  If you believe in the analytics or not, you assess what has happened to that point in the game and make a decision off that... I'd go for that as well. 

I could list out all the reasons as to why you go for it, but it was the INT that really caused the decision to backfire.  Pinning a team at their 2, in pouring rain is usually not a bad decision. 

I'm convinced Josh drives us for a TD, if they kick that FG.

Agree his decision making tree was sound. There's no way he could account for Jackson throwing that pick.

He should do the same thing next time. The only reason he's catching heat is because the Ravens lost, not because he erred in judgment

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Funny its not even being talk about Von was basically benched on the biggest defensive play of the game

You know, when I looked at the replay and saw that it was Shaq instead of Miller on that side, I wondered about it, too. 

Players have different skill sets.  Defenders are put on the field based on the offensive package on the field, down and distance, time of game, lots of factors.  In that situation, it was essential that the edge rushers contain Jackson - in fact, containing Jackson was more important than sacking him, although a sack would have been nice.  So, the question was who are the two best edge rushers who maintain edge discipline?   The answer was Lawson and Rousseau, and they did what they were supposed to do.  Jackson kept dropping because he could see that he couldn't get to the edge on either side. 

Why pay all that money for a guy you take off the field on the biggest play of the game?   Because in the other 16 games of the season, the quarterback will not be Lamar Jackson, so edge protection won't be as important as getting to the QB.  So, in those 16 games, Miller will be on the field.   

The Bills wanted Miller because he can rush the passer, not because he can set the edge.  The Bills were not going to spend the summer trying to make Miller into a premier edge-protection guy.   That would be like trading for Tyreek Hill and making him your slot receiver.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

There's Edwards just running into blockers again....smh - TBD

LOL…you’ve been around long enough that I see what you did here.

I love how so many threads turn in to Tremaine-bashing. Reminds me of retroactive Flutie or RJ bashing back in the day.

It’s like having a glass of champagne in the morning. Adds a bit of sparkle to the day, as once quoted by a Mr. Osato, for all you Bond aficionados.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.