Goal Line Stand vs Ravens

ArtVandalay

14 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Entire defense stepped up. 

That 2nd-4th down sequence were 3 plays of the game...something that we might look back on later in year as super critical. Milano, Hamlin, Poyer superb there! And the pass rush containing Lamar as well/getting hands up to make it difficult for him to see Duvernay.

I feel like the Hamlin play has gone a little overlooked.  It was a hell of a play not to freeze, but attack LJ and funnel him towards Poyer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

The most valuable contributor in that sequence for the Bills was Harbaugh.

Disagree.  If you believe in the analytics or not, you assess what has happened to that point in the game and make a decision off that... I'd go for that as well. 

I could list out all the reasons as to why you go for it, but it was the INT that really caused the decision to backfire.  Pinning a team at their 2, in pouring rain is usually not a bad decision. 

I'm convinced Josh drives us for a TD, if they kick that FG.

• Like (+1) 4

I think Lamar Jackson is being let off the hook here. He backpedaled and threw a floater off his back foot. We can recognize that Poyer (he sure did!) made a great play and we can debate the Harbaugh call. However, a veteran QB panicked and threw a prayer that got intercepted. I put that on Jackson.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

They were averaging 35 ppg iirc. We shut them out for over a half in a situation where one score beats us.  The DL, missing Ed and Phillips, came up big.  Milano is playing like an all pro-  Poyer is an all pro.  So is Von Miller.  Rousseau playing like an all-pro.  Tremaine playing like an all pro.  Daquan playing like a pro bowler.  After a tough start, our D flexed on Baltimore.  

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, Airseven said:

The most valuable contributor in that sequence for the Bills was Harbaugh.

I dont think so.  If we were in that goal to go situation against the Chiefs and McD kicked a FG there only for Mahomes to march down the field for a game winning TD you would be here fuming about it.  Thats why Harbaugh went for the TD there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Lamarr was so locked into Adrews on fourth down he had options to the left in the slot and then Duvernay.  The pressure certainly was really good even with both guys being held and ultimately led to pyer to get to Duvernay on a great INT...the stop on second down was incredible by the DT to take out the FB and pulling guard after swimming the initial block to let Milano stuff that play great series 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Lamarr was so locked into Adrews on fourth down he had options to the left in the slot and then Duvernay.  The pressure certainly was really good even with both guys being held and ultimately led to pyer to get to Duvernay on a great INT...the stop on second down was incredible by the DT to take out the FB and pulling guard after swimming the initial block to let Milano stuff that play great series 

yep. Guy is wide open on the left.  Gaping holes for Lamar to run through to the left.  Instead he back peddled because Andrew was the only read he thought about.  This is why Lamar is not an Elite QB, just an Elite athlete.  That open guy was open from the snap all the way through the endzone.  Josh would have laser beamed him.

1135340510_ScreenShot2022-10-03at6_35_54PM.thumb.png.4e80f4e6d6ea13097b1df36199bdf105.png

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

yep. Guy is wide open on the left.  Gaping holes for Lamar to run through to the left.  Instead he back peddled because Andrew was the only read he thought about.  This is why Lamar is not an Elite QB, just an Elite athlete.

1135340510_ScreenShot2022-10-03at6_35_54PM.thumb.png.4e80f4e6d6ea13097b1df36199bdf105.png

Drops are based on QB eyes. If Jackson were to have looked Milano's side first the coverage would be a lot tighter backside. It's all about closing down passing lanes.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Drops are based on QB eyes. If Jackson were to have looked Milano's side first the coverage would be a lot tighter backside. It's all about closing down passing lanes.

There are multiple QB's in this league that are getting that ball there to the guy on the left bad read by the QB.  Also thought Baltimore should of lined up in a run formation as that would of insured worst case the Bills will be starting inside the 5 

32 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Disagree.  If you believe in the analytics or not, you assess what has happened to that point in the game and make a decision off that... I'd go for that as well. 

I could list out all the reasons as to why you go for it, but it was the INT that really caused the decision to backfire.  Pinning a team at their 2, in pouring rain is usually not a bad decision. 

I'm convinced Josh drives us for a TD, if they kick that FG.

Considering they started on the 20 yard line and Motor could have scored if he didn't give himself up (and even if he was stopped short Josh would have scored after), and if the Ravens kicked a FG the Bills likely would have started at or around the 25, it seems extremely likely Josh drives for a TD.

Edited by CA OC Bills Fan

12 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

That DT play, I think it was Bryant (93?). He completely destroyed that blocking allowing Milano to get in there. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.